PDA

View Full Version : Wild weather

Mark L
21-04-2015, 9:40pm
Sorry if you expected an wild weather photos. I was to busy driving into it.:eek:
While most people were trying to go nowhere in the Hunter Valley and around Newcastle today, we figured we’d head into a storm. Geez, we have six nights booked at a cottage right on wonderful Lake Macquarie.
So we made it after a couple of detours, saw plenty of water and destruction and this is the view from our small veranda.
The lake is at least two feet higher than normal water levels.
Oh, not for CC section, so leave my hand held stitching faults alone in the first. :lol2: Was doing well to stand up straight, bloody windy.:eek:

And the rains got heavy again and I was looking forward to getting up early to get some bird photos.:(

bcys1961
21-04-2015, 10:11pm
Mark's Pointless !

Grant S
21-04-2015, 10:16pm
Gee you were taking some chances driving into that lot today.:eek: I used to live two streets back from Lake Macquarie and don't ever remember seeing the water level move other than from water skiers.

farmmax
21-04-2015, 11:32pm
Wondered how you were getting on. You are in about the highest rainfall area tonight. I'm not sure I would want to have been anywhere near the Maitland area. I thought their rain gauge must have been faulty, but apparently it wasn't. :eek:

At least you are getting to see a different point of view. Should be a spectacular surf tomorrow morning. Great for photos. The birds should be so exhausted it should be easy to get some BIF photos :D

Mark L
22-04-2015, 12:16am
Mark's Pointless !
Oh no, I've been discovered.:eek::p

kwaal
22-04-2015, 6:45pm
Bugger! Hope things settle and you have a good break.