PDA

View Full Version : Any marketing expert out there wanting to take on "Realpoo Optics"?

Hawthy
13-04-2015, 7:43pm
I have seen some funny names and slogans from Chinese firms when looking on the internet. I even bought some remote flash triggers with the slogan on the box being "Unlimited wonderful, Easily grasp, All in yongnuo". However, I really can't bring myself to buy a fisheye lens manufactured by "Realpoo Optics".

http://au.alibaba.com/product/60131205225-For-Nikon-fisheye-lens.html

ricktas
13-04-2015, 7:53pm
reminds me of an old story from 30 odd years ago. KFC, as it was know then as Kentucky Fried Chicken made its first foray into China. And they wanted to use the American slogan 'finger licking good'. So they got it translated..literally. The sign got made and they were about to have their first Chinese store opening, when someone pointed out that the slogan had been translated incorrectly and read : Kentucky Fried Chicken - eat your fingers off.

davidd
13-04-2015, 7:58pm
I have seen camera gear from China, with the brand name Xit.

'X' is pronounced 'sh' in pinyin. :eek:

Mathy
14-04-2015, 1:36am
Good old Alibaba. I didn't realise they sold camera gear. This one's a hoot as well http://au.alibaba.com/product/1449184449-New-arrival-green-color-chewing-gum.html?s=p

And if you have a look at DSLRs, the notion of 'Grey Import' takes on a whole new meaning :eek:

arthurking83
14-04-2015, 10:07pm
The reason you want Realpoo is:

- with high index and low dispersion
- every element is multicoated
- great for extreme close up shots
- comes in a bag

Treat yourself with Realpoo .... great dispersion, completely multicoated and perfect for close up shots .. and all in a compact, easy to carry bag. :th3:

davidd
15-04-2015, 10:25am
I see Alibaba has the following:

Disposable camera for wedding

1. Size of the disposable camera:117(w)*62(H)*34(D)mm

2. Loaded with 18/36 explosures

3. Our disposable camera is perfect for outdoor and indoor use

4. Table tent and instrction menu is included

5. Many other color and designs are avaiable.

6. We guarantee to reply you within 24 hours

Wedding photographers only need two of these! And it has 18/36 explosures! What fun! :lol: