PDA

View Full Version : Problems When Dealing With Nikon Australia

mortalitas
27-03-2015, 5:24pm
has anyone had any problems when dealing with nikon australia?

my D600 had oil spots on the sensor, so i sent it in to be replaced (it was through the local Nikon Authorized Service Centre) and i was told it would be repaired, it was sent to Sydney, and it would take 1-2 weeks for the repair, and i would be notified of any changes.

after 2 weeks i had heard nothing, so i emailed. and was sent the identical email i was sent initially, "thanks for sending it in repairs will take 1-2 weeks, we will notify you of any changes." after week 3 went by i decided to complain to Nikon Australia'a Head office, and i got a reply saying my camera was going to be replaced with a Nikon D610, and it would be ready to collect in 1-2 days. this took over a week.

all in all the entire process took over a month, with no communication at all unless i was to follow it up myself. i am well aware that things happen, and problems arise, but the complete and total lack of communication is just terrible.

has anybody else had similar experiences with Nikon Australia? or am i just really unlucky?

ameerat42
27-03-2015, 5:28pm
You didn't get any sort of "job number" along with a "phone(y) number" to call??

Go back to the local Auth Centre and ask there??

- - - Updated - - -

PS: such a response as you got would certainly NOT win any literary awards.
It sounds as if it would not fit any "communication" bill either.

fillum
28-03-2015, 1:04pm
I've only had one experience with them, a broken 1-Nikkor zoom last year (under warranty). I sent Nikon an email outlining the problem and received a reply a couple of days later about what to do. I took the lens to their service centre in Rhodes on a Friday afternoon. I can't remember what lead time I was quoted but a week later (on the Saturday morning) a courier turned up at home with the fixed lens. So I was pleased with the service.

Your D600 problem is probably more complex so perhaps Nikon has legitimate reasons for the delays, however there is really no excuse for the lack of communication.

Glad to see it worked out in the end...

Cheers.

I @ M
28-03-2015, 1:10pm
has anybody else had similar experiences with Nikon Australia? or am i just really unlucky?

From what I have seen / experienced / heard of, you might be lumped in with the "unlucky" ones Steven.

Service through Nikon Australia is usually fairly good with a reasonable level of communication and I am going to hazard a guess that with the large volume of defective D600 bodies that were sold, replacement D610 bodies were in short supply for a while. That and freight times ( usually counted as work days ) may well have been an issue.

When did all this occur?

Lance B
28-03-2015, 3:23pm
I have only had exemplary service from Nikon Australia, I couldn't praise them highly enough. However,I have always had the luxury of dealing with them personally over the counter, which probably helps.

CarlR
30-03-2015, 11:20am
Likewise. My D600 shutter mechanism replacement, which involved couriers collecting and returning my camera body to my office, occurred without any difficulties.

wedgtail
27-04-2015, 10:28am
I had the same problem with my D600 2 week turn-around from Adelaide new shutter assy installed .

Cage
27-04-2015, 3:54pm
I had the shutter replaced on my D600 before I sold it. Took about two weeks. But hey, you are getting a brand new D610.

I will say that I've been waiting twelve months now for confirmation that my D800 is registered for the two year warranty with My Nikon Life. When I called them about it six months back I was told that due to the large numbers sold they were experiencing delays in checking the cameras serial numbers. Pretty slack if you ask me.

davidd
27-04-2015, 4:56pm
I had some dealings with Nikon recently (they replaced my D810) :).

I was given an email address by a friend, of their customer service manager. He was prompt and helpful in answering my questions.

Here it is: James.Boyden@nikon.com

J.davis
04-08-2015, 9:04pm
I have been waiting four weeks for my D750 to be inspected/fixed due to recalls. If it was broken, I would be happy to wait, as parts are sourced and fitted, but this is a recall.
You would think that a recall would have parts waiting.
Nikon Australia is sadly lacking in communication as well, haven't heard anything unless I asked.

ameerat42
04-08-2015, 9:17pm
John. Maybe they're sending them all to Mars, and yours is just part of a TOTAL RECALL:eek::eek:
That would explain the slow communication, too:nod:

J.davis
05-08-2015, 8:45pm
Called Nikon Australia today and was told the camera was in work and I could expect it next week, That's SIX weeks for a recall, if it happens.
What happened to my camera in the first four weeks they had it. Probably going through a dust attraction test.

ameerat42
05-08-2015, 8:49pm
Called Nikon Australia today and was told the camera was in work and I could expect it next week, That's SIX weeks for a recall, if it happens.
What happened to my camera in the first four weeks they had it. Probably going through a dust attraction test.

1. You called? That's pro-active of you!:D
2. That's the answer you get when they are going to delay for another like period of time:rolleyes:
3. That dust test is crucial to the confirmation of the problem: it's been sitting there a while, so now we can... [insert ideas here]:nod:

J.davis
07-08-2015, 12:01am
After writing on everything that had a NIKON sign on it (internet and Facebook), got a call today saying sorry and a BRAND NEW D750 is on its way to me. Squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

ricktas
07-08-2015, 6:50am
After writing on everything that had a NIKON sign on it (internet and Facebook), got a call today saying sorry and a BRAND NEW D750 is on its way to me. Squeaky wheel gets the most grease.

Going on your past experience, do not expect express post. It is coming from Japan via horseback over Mongolia, into Russia then China, then to North Korea, and onward..,via that legendary slow boat. I await your "I Got It" today post in about 6-8 weeks:nod:

J.davis
07-08-2015, 9:58pm
Came this morning, happy now.
Spent most of the day setting it up and dialing in lenses.

ameerat42
07-08-2015, 10:01pm
Good to hear/read.:th3: