PDA

View Full Version : Online Framers

mwp
23-03-2015, 2:59pm
After a series of terrible experiences with bricks and mortar framers, I'm considering trying out an online outlet instead so I can have the frames delivered in bulk and then mount the prints myself.

I print everything myself, so while I'm not concerned about the quality of their printing, the framed prints will be going straight to sale so the framing needs to be of sufficiently high quality in terms of both materials and workmanship.

If anyone has any experience of using an online framer, good or bad, I'd really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Thanks,
Michael.

ricktas
24-03-2015, 8:37am
I have used frameshop before, but not for quite some years, I tend to use local suppliers now. The other option is setting up a redbubble account and getting them to do it all, printing, framing etc. Again though, I have not used them for several years, but the quality used to be great.

mwp
24-03-2015, 1:19pm
Thank you for the feedback, Rick. How did you find the frames from frameshop - any good?
I do try to keep all my printing in-house, so unfortunately redbubble isn't an option for me right now.

ricktas
24-03-2015, 5:14pm
I only ordered 3 from them, as the purchaser had chosen what they wanted in frame style, and they had it in stock. The quality was quite good, but I am going back 6 years or more.

Ionica
24-03-2015, 7:40pm
My wife has been using Frameco for some time, and has been satisfied with their service and quality. They are based in Victoria, will supply for DIY or (as for where she worked) provide a complete service.

http://www.frameco.com.au/