PDA

View Full Version : New member from Melbourne

PhilipjMiles
16-02-2015, 8:32am
Hi, My name is Phil, I'm a hobby photographer looking to learn more about photography and editing.
I have a Canon EOS 550D with a 50mm prime lens, 18-55mm kit lens and a 70-300mm lens.
I have always been interested in Photography from a young age, seeing my dad take photos with his Olympus SLR at speical events and on our family holidays. I loved the developing process of film too the excitement of waiting to see the photos just taken slowly appear on the paper. Now I love taking photos of my 2 children and I'm really interested in food photography.

Mary Anne
16-02-2015, 8:41am
Hello Phil and Welcome to AP there is plenty to learn here and Members will Help when needed.
Post some images on the Forums for cc and have a go at commenting on other Members posts also.
You may be interested in our Weekly Challenge this year its Letters of the Alphabet http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-Member-Challenges-52-2015
Or you could enter a Competition so much to do here :2smile:

PhilipjMiles
16-02-2015, 10:00am
Hi Mary Anne,
Thank you for the welcome, I cant wait to start posting photos and joining in the community and events. I will check out the CC forum and post photos soon I'm just trying to find my feet on this site and work my way around everything. I am interested in the challenges it will get me out and about with my camera more and will help me to really think creatively when shooting.

Mary Anne
16-02-2015, 10:14am
Phil when you need to find out anything try up top in the Library http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php
The Weekly challenge is great with the letter D this week I have a few subjects in mind, there is no hurry with all the rest of the week to find something to shoot.

ricktas
16-02-2015, 10:42am
Welcome to AP Phil. See you on the forums.

PhilipjMiles
16-02-2015, 10:53am
Thank Ricktas, looking forward to meeting some great photographers and people. Also looking forward to learning and expanding my knowledge and skills through challanges, comps, seeing others photos and chatting to people.

PhilipjMiles
16-02-2015, 4:25pm
I have a photo that I would like to submit to the 'D' challenge but I don't know how to submit my photo. help please :)

Mary Anne
16-02-2015, 9:34pm
Hi Phil.. Glad you found out how to do it.

PhilipjMiles
18-02-2015, 9:24pm
Which is better to use, Photo bucket or Flicker?

- - - Updated - - -

ricktas
21-02-2015, 8:21am

- - - Updated - - -

Personal choice. Like which brand Canon or Nikon. it is up to you.

Cheryl
21-02-2015, 2:23pm
Welcome , Phil . looking forward to seeing what you capture with your Canon. ;)

PhilipjMiles
22-02-2015, 3:54pm
Thanx Cheryl.