PDA

View Full Version : The passing of our son

Kym
11-02-2015, 8:33am
As some of you probably know by now, our 28yo son Daniel passed away last Thursday night 5th of February 2015 in his sleep.
Although the final coroner’s report is some months off there are no indications of anything untoward; most likely sleeping meds and his asthma.

Nel and I appreciate all the support we are getting from close friends and our local Church minister; also the thoughts and prayers from the Photographic community.
Many have connected via social media, and all the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.
We are coping ok considering the situation.

Daniel's funeral will be held at 10:00am Saturday 14th
Life Church, 61 Baloo St, Ingle Farm.
The notices will be in the paper today.

No flowers please, donations in memory of Daniel to Rahab
http://www.rahab.com.au

Steve Axford
11-02-2015, 10:41am
My sympathies, Kym. That's a tough one to cope with. All the best to you and your family.

mudman
11-02-2015, 10:47am
my deepest sympathies to you and your family Kym.
as a parent of children in your son's age range i can not imagine the grief you are all going through.
again, my deepest sympathies
Stephen Mudie

macmich
11-02-2015, 10:59am
my symphathy to yourself and your family on the tragic loss of your son

Ionica
11-02-2015, 11:08am
My sympathies to you all.

JayR
11-02-2015, 1:51pm
So sorry to hear it, awful news.
Condolences to you and your family.

ricktas
11-02-2015, 1:56pm
As I have passed onto you and Nel privately over the last few days, my thoughts are with you both at this time. Whilst words cannot ease your pain, just know that I care and am here if you need me.

On behalf of myself and AP, I have made a significant donation to the charity that Kym has mentioned in his first post.

tanz
11-02-2015, 2:06pm
So sorry to hear this heartbreaking news, my deepest sympathies to you and your family Kym

Kym
11-02-2015, 2:35pm
As I have passed onto you and Nel privately over the last few days, my thoughts are with you both at this time. Whilst words cannot ease your pain, just know that I care and am here if you need me.

On behalf of myself and AP, I have made a significant donation to the charity that Kym has mentioned in his first post.

Thanks Rick and everyone.

Duane Pipe
11-02-2015, 4:05pm
Sorry Kym. My heart go's out to You and your family, words can not say enough.

Mary Anne
11-02-2015, 5:10pm
So Sad Kym, my Condolences to you Nel and your Family.

ROA44
11-02-2015, 5:18pm
Hi Kym, Please accept our condolences as you know our Prayers are with you both at this time and know first hand how difficult it can be to walk through. We are just around the corner so please feel free to drop in if and when you feel like it.

Regards,

Milton and Alison

DacrimL
11-02-2015, 7:27pm
My deepest condolences for your loss, something I could not imagine the pain

jev
11-02-2015, 8:23pm
My deepest condolences Kym & Nel. Loosing a son or daughter must be the hardest thing ever. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Hawthy
11-02-2015, 8:37pm
So sorry for both of you, and your family and friends, in this very difficult time. My heart goes out to you.

Cris
11-02-2015, 8:55pm
Very sad news. Condolences to you and your family.

salnel
11-02-2015, 9:15pm
So sorry to hear this news..my deepest sympathy to you and your family.

feathers
11-02-2015, 9:37pm
I'm so very sorry to hear such sad news of the loss of your son. Deepest condolences to you and your family.

MissionMan
11-02-2015, 11:17pm
My deepest condolences, Kym. As a father, I can't even imagine how incredibly tough this is. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Glenda
12-02-2015, 6:40am
Sincere condolences to you and your family Kym. I hope the love and support of your friends help you get through this very difficult time.

JJM
12-02-2015, 6:57am
My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

bricat
12-02-2015, 8:11am
My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends. Brian

Granville
12-02-2015, 11:25am
Heartfelt symathies Kym, to you both. Perhaps he's somewhere comparing notes with my niece, who was taken by MD about the same age, well before her time. I hope they are both resting in peace.

ScottH
12-02-2015, 12:15pm
So sorry to hear about your loss Kym.
Deepest sympathies.

ApolloLXII
12-02-2015, 1:30pm
My condolences to you and your family on the occasion of your sad bereavement.

WhoDo
12-02-2015, 3:57pm
Such a hard thing to suffer, especially when it is someone so young and with so much ahead of them. I just can't imagine how you and Nel are coping, Kym. I sincerely hope the love and support you are receiving here will help carry you both through the difficult times ahead. I have a son and a daughter in this general age bracket and I cannot imagine losing either one, so you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

la lumiere
12-02-2015, 4:12pm
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Thinking of you with heartfelt sympathy and love.

Mark L
12-02-2015, 8:54pm
Daniel can now rest in peace.
Will be thinking of you and your family on Saturday Kym.

cupic
13-02-2015, 5:49pm
My deepest condolences to you Kym and your family.I can relate to the pain as I have recently lost my mother
Your inner strength my be sadden and your feeling lost but family strength is there today and forever more
You son is at ease RIP Daniel

ricktas
13-02-2015, 6:18pm
Tomorrow will be a very hard day for you both, Kym and Nel. Take comfort in knowing that all those who attend the funeral of Daniel, and a lot more of us that cannot, will be by your side in spirit.

I hope you get a chance to remember the good times, the fun times, the things that make memories wonderful, amongst the sorrow that tomorrow will doubtlessly bring.

Will be thinking of you both at 10.00 am (SA time) tomorrow morning.

Dennis Estigoy
13-02-2015, 6:25pm
My condolences, mate.
May Daniel rest in peace and
may the Lord guide you and bless you in this hard times!

Nick Cliff
13-02-2015, 7:28pm
I feel for you as a father, and as the sun sets I read this post with sadness and know you are in pain. Hope and love are the things that bind us, and tomorrow will be tough , I hope you can gather strength with your faith to carry on and know you and your son have been much loved. I feel your son will be wanting you to try and live as normal a life as possible, and to remember the love and the good times,
kind regards Nick.

ROA44
14-02-2015, 1:12pm
Today I had the privilege of attending the funeral of Daniel, Kym and Nels' son.

It was a wonderful service. The thoughts and life shared by those who shared were a wonderful and beautiful tribute and testimony to Daniel as a son and Kym and Nel as his parents.

Your both in our Prayers Kym and Nel.

All our love,

Milton and Ali.

NRandall
14-02-2015, 3:04pm
Kym
I am so sad to hear your news.
I cannot know how it must be for you, but life certainly does not seem fair.
I pray you can find some comfort in the company of family and friends.

jim
14-02-2015, 5:02pm
Very sorry to hear this Kym. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Kym
14-02-2015, 5:49pm
Today I had the privilege of attending the funeral of Daniel, Kym and Nels' son.
It was a wonderful service. The thoughts and life shared by those who shared were a wonderful and beautiful tribute and testimony to Daniel as a son and Kym and Nel as his parents.
Your both in our Prayers Kym and Nel.
All our love,
Milton and Ali.

I'm glad you were there, yes it was a celebration of wonderful life cut short.
So many people had so many touching stories about Daniel.
We have been comforted

Heartfelt thanks to the AP community for your thoughts and prayers at this time

Arg
15-02-2015, 11:04am
So sorry Kym. The sense that we can live on in honour of our missing loved one is strongest in these moments. The sense that we are part of precious communities is also strong.

Regards
Grant and Louisa

Lance B
15-02-2015, 2:19pm
Oh that's so terrible Kym, my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Nanny
15-02-2015, 3:52pm
My sympathies to you Kym and your family may Daniel RIP.

Boo53
15-02-2015, 9:27pm
Kym and Nel and Family

I am so very sorry to hear of your tragic news and wish you both my, and my wife Judy's, sincerest sympathies.

As a parent the loss of the child is a loss without comparison.

It is now a little over 12 months since we lost our eldest son at the age of 29 and there is not a day when I don't think of what might have been and of what has been taken from us.

All I can say now Kym is take comfort in your faith and family, and remember blokes do cry and mourn and get depressed, it's natural and normal. But you also need to remember that blokes can talk about it. It does help.

snappysi
16-02-2015, 8:25pm
Thoughts and prayers are with you in what is undoubtedly an incomprehensible time for you and Nel......As has been mentioned by previous people here, i too cannot fathom the feelings you must be going through as a parent myself......i truly am sorry for your loss....

Simon.

ameerat42
16-02-2015, 8:46pm
Though mentioned briefly elsewhere, again I wish to express my condolences to you both Kym and Nel.
Am.

Brian500au
17-02-2015, 12:50am
Our thoughts are with you Kym.

JoPho
17-02-2015, 1:40am
Can't imagine anything more heart breaking than losing your son or daughter.
Sincerest condolensces and hope your faith, friends and family helps give you strength to endure the pain.

bobt
19-02-2015, 6:39pm
Just read this after being away from the board for a while. So very sorry to hear about your loss, and I echo all the messages here and wish you all the best as you come to terms with such a terrible tragedy.

rookie
19-02-2015, 9:08pm
So sorry to hear this Kym .Have 4 sons around this age and can not imagine the pain. No parent should have to go through this. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Speedway
19-02-2015, 9:56pm
Sincerest sympathy to you and your family, my thoughts are with you.
Keith.

Kym
26-02-2015, 8:42am
We raised over $3,300 for the Rahab - the nominated charity.

I'm sure Daniel is proud of that.

Thanks everyone who donated.

Cage
26-02-2015, 10:03am
Really sorry to hear of your loss Kym.

As a father, I feel your pain. My thoughts are with you and your family.

auz80
26-02-2015, 12:32pm
Kym, I'm a newbie here and had no idea of what you and your wife had suffered so recently. My thoughts went immediately to your kind response to my query on the forum only yesterday and it made your generosity in the circumstances deeply touching. We suffered a similar tragedy many years ago and know how much it hurts. I sincerely hope that in some strange way, the knowledge that so many love and care for you and yours, will bring some comfort.

Sincerely, Don