PDA

View Full Version : Hacked

ktoopi
18-01-2015, 3:41pm
Hi all...........Just wondering if anyone knows anything about being hacked by "Haxorstein BD" A good friend and photographer has had her photography website hacked last night and those words are what appears when you google her website. I had a quick look online and from what I can gather it is Bangladesh based but I had to shut down my computers after clicking on what I thought was some info about it and then getting a message saying "this is admin you will be hacked" Any thoughts? Info? I'm not keen to look anything up again in case I click on the wrong thing and infect myself!

Cheers K

ameerat42
18-01-2015, 3:49pm
For yourself, download and install MalwareBytes and do a scan. Use the full version for the 30-day trial, then
it will revert to the virus checker only. Note that it is on-demand, and does not take over your current security suite.
Now I'm looking up that menace. Get back ter yer...

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno if it's "good news" or just inconclusive. I can't find any malware by that name:confused013

Kym
18-01-2015, 3:58pm
WebSite hacks usually mean out of date hosting software or her gallery software.

ricktas
18-01-2015, 4:17pm
A bit of a search from me. Is your friend's website a wordpress one? Cause it seems the hacker who goes by Haxorstein BD has developed a cybr-root kit for hacking wordpress sites. So it may not be that hacker as such, but someone else who has using his/her hacking kit. They also seems to have some links to Anonymous as they have posted on several anonymous related pages.

Your friend might need to seek the help of the web developer who built her site (if she used one). If it is a wordpress site and she can get access, she should be able to change the passwords and then delete everything and set it up again.

ktoopi
18-01-2015, 4:32pm
A bit of a search from me. Is your friend's website a wordpress one? Cause it seems the hacker who goes by Haxorstein BD has developed a cybr-root kit for hacking wordpress sites. So it may not be that hacker as such, but someone else who has using his/her hacking kit. They also seems to have some links to Anonymous as they have posted on several anonymous related pages.

Your friend might need to seek the help of the web developer who built her site (if she used one). If it is a wordpress site and she can get access, she should be able to change the passwords and then delete everything and set it up again.

Hi Rick she does not have a word press site and had a web developer build it for her. Thanks for the info I'll pass on all the advice from here (she is a site sponsor) and hopefully it can get resolved :)