PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be back!

la lumiere
08-01-2015, 10:14pm
Hello
I'm glad to be back online.
I have been without a desk top computer for many months, fortunately my brother has taken pity and built me one out of bits and pieces. I think it's great but he refers to it as about as up to date as a Model T is in the car world.
Finally after a very loooooong time my lens has been returned so I now have some gear to use.
All is finally coming together again!
Looking forward to checking out everything 'new' at AP and revisiting the 'old favourites'.
Cheers
Rhonda

Mary Anne
09-01-2015, 8:49am
Hello Rhonda :action66: and Welcome back, good to read that you now have a workable computer :D
Always looked forward to your cc, so see you on the Forums :2smile:

la lumiere
09-01-2015, 2:36pm
Thanks for your kind words Mary-Anne.
:)

Mark L
09-01-2015, 10:00pm
Hope that Model T encourages your photography.
I think AP is better for you being back.:)(it's true)

la lumiere
10-01-2015, 4:20pm
Thanks Mark..... You are very kind.
We'll see about the Model T approach!
I find the computer side of things even more frustrating than the photography.... at least I enjoy the photography!

Mark L
10-01-2015, 7:26pm
I find the computer side of things even more frustrating than the photography.... at least I enjoy the photography!

I can relate to that.:(

Kym
12-01-2015, 8:29am
:gday: & Welcome back to AP!

Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.

la lumiere
12-01-2015, 12:55pm
Thanks Kym.

But......:eek:
'Staying active is easy and fun, just post an image for CC once a fortnight and
post 2 or 3 CC comments to other images in the same fortnight.'

Things have changed........ for me this has just become SUPER stressful.
Easy for those who can but I haven't even figured out how to PP anything on this computer ( no longer have LR- which I couldn't use anyway), still looking for a good, basic, free program that I can muddle through. No idea how to post images , and yes I have read the instructions but it was always hit and miss for me as to whether an image actually made it to AP. When it did the quality was often far inferior to what I could see on my screen. Never did manage to work that out.

I have been looking forward to having a go and making my way slowly back into the AP community. Seems like perhaps I do not fit the AP Ideal Member criteria. That's OK. I haven't quite given up. I'll give it some thought.

Thanks for the welcome anyway.... I always did enjoy looking at your images..... I particularly remember a beauty of a female Superb Wren (?), beak wide open, singing her little heart out.:)

Kind regards
Rhonda

Mary Anne
12-01-2015, 6:04pm
Rhonda have a look at this link for posting images on AP scroll down to the last four images as things do change over time http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:How_to_post_and_link_your_photos_into_forum_threads
Looking for how to do something on AP click on Library up the top then How Do I .. Do try some of the Freebies on this Link leave Gimp for now http://www.techradar.com/au/news/software/applications/best-free-photo-editing-software-10-top-image-editors-you-should-try-1135489
Not sure about image resizers as I use PS though I think this one is OK http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/ need anymore help with PP start a post in the Photographic Help and Advice Forum > Post Processing Help..

Mark L
12-01-2015, 9:50pm
G'day again Rhonda.
Firstly, don't stress about staying active. I post bird photos reasonably regularly, just comment about how much you love them.:lol2:

Now the PPing and resizing and posting and all that.
Your profile says you have a Canon camera. That means you got a CD with the camera that has canons DPP on it. It is photo editing software. It can be quite useful as a RAW editor, not so good if you shoot JPEG. However, even using JPEG you can adjust the basics like brightness, contrast, sharpening and resizing. If you don't want to start a thread somewhere asking about Canons DPP (how do I etc) then you are more than welcome to PM me and we'll get you on your way (it won't take long, a month or so:lol2:) No it won't, I'm seriously happy to help if you want to play with DPP and actually want to post some photos.:th3:
As far as posting a photo on AP, the easiest way (if it's within size limitations) to start a thread and click on the tree thing and select the photo from your computer. The photo won't appear until you submit the thread.
This shows the tree thing I'm talking about, :confused013