PDA

View Full Version : Sydney to Hobart......

ktoopi
23-12-2014, 12:14pm
Just in case you need a boat to follow in this year's Sydney to Hobart, my husband is competing yet again on a boat owned by Paul Clitheroe called Balance. It's a newly acquired boat ( a TP52 ) and is a big step up from the 45 ft Benneteau that they used to go to Hobart on. The TP52 is all business......a full on racing machine built for speed. No luxuries that they have become used to on the old Benneteau like my Beef in Red Wine with Mash or my home made Chrissy cake!! It's all freeze dried food and no toilet on board (toilet weighs too much!!)They should arrive at Constitution Dock at least a full day earlier than in previous years. They are tipped to have a really good chance at coming in the top finishers in their division. Should be a great race as weather conditions at the moment are favouring the 50-60 footers but that can change at a moments notice!!

As usual I will be out on the water taking photos of the start and will hopefully get some awesome shots to post here:) Not going down to Hobart this year to watch them finish sadly as we are about to do a big reno and need to save cash. :)

Cheers Karen:)

Mark L
24-12-2014, 12:26am
Reckon you enjoy and worry about this boat race.
Will keep an ear out for how they're going.:th3:
Good name for a boat owned by Paul Clitheroe.:)

macmich
24-12-2014, 8:11am
all the best for hubby for the race and may you and hubby have a great new year

wanderer51
24-12-2014, 5:46pm
First off....I wish your hubby well in the race and I have no doubt he will enjoy himself...I know I would (as an ex yacht owner).
On another note, the Syd-Hob used to be the highlight of my Christmas, that is until the Mega$ came into it and spoiled it. These days it seems to just be a race to see who can spend the most money on their boat and as far as the media are concerned, the only boats in it are the few so-called 'super yachts'. But that is the way of the world these days I guess.
Still, I will look forward to seeing some of your photos and once again, all the best to your hubby.

ktoopi
25-12-2014, 9:05pm
Reckon you enjoy and worry about this boat race.
Will keep an ear out for how they're going.:th3:
Good name for a boat owned by Paul Clitheroe.:)

Yes it is isn't it!! All of his boats get named Balance and his wife's yacht is called Counter Balance!:D

- - - Updated - - -

First off....I wish your hubby well in the race and I have no doubt he will enjoy himself...I know I would (as an ex yacht owner).
On another note, the Syd-Hob used to be the highlight of my Christmas, that is until the Mega$ came into it and spoiled it. These days it seems to just be a race to see who can spend the most money on their boat and as far as the media are concerned, the only boats in it are the few so-called 'super yachts'. But that is the way of the world these days I guess.
Still, I will look forward to seeing some of your photos and once again, all the best to your hubby.

I totally agree with you about 'ruining' the race and if you just watch the regular news coverage you would think that there are only one or two boats competing! Very annoying

Mark L
25-12-2014, 10:57pm
All of his boats get named Balance and his wife's yacht is called Counter Balance!:D

:D indeed.
Wouldn't mind some of that equilibrium where I live. So, is it a :( or :) for me? :confused013 maybe.