PDA

View Full Version : Canon Light Awards

Grant S
29-11-2014, 12:34am
Not exactly gear talk but I couldn't think of another place to put this.

Canon have announced a local competition for Canon togs. http://lightawards.canon.com.au/

Some interesting looking prizes for the winners and an opportunity to get some feedback from some pros.

farmmax
29-11-2014, 2:47am
They sent me an email about this as well, because I've always entered the Photo5 competition. I doubt if this is only for Canon users. It doesn't mention any where I can find that you have to be a Canon camera user, and there was never any restriction on the Photo5 photos having to be taken by a Canon camera.

It looks interesting, so I will investigate further.

I just checked the fine print, and yes you do have to use a Canon camera. That stinks! :eek:

yummymummy
29-11-2014, 9:10am
no it's not just for Canon owners, but the prizes are in the canon estore, not sure how much Nikon/sigma/everything else gear you'll get in there. ;)

ricktas
29-11-2014, 9:17am
They sent me an email about this as well, because I've always entered the Photo5 competition. I doubt if this is only for Canon users. It doesn't mention any where I can find that you have to be a Canon camera user, and there was never any restriction on the Photo5 photos having to be taken by a Canon camera.

It looks interesting, so I will investigate further.

I just checked the fine print, and yes you do have to use a Canon camera. That stinks! :eek:

That was my concern about the Photo5 competition. All winners, ever, were Canon users. There has been a lot of grumbling on the net about this in the past. People were asking why let other brand users enter the Photo5 if they were never going to win. I think Canon have realised the longer Photo5 went, with only Canon users winning, the more obvious it would become that there was a bias.

I see no issue with Canon running a competition where the photos have to be taken with Canon gear. After all Coles would not run a competition where you had to shop at Woolies to be able to win. I actually commend Canon on finally doing something about the Photo5 issue.

Grant S
29-11-2014, 9:49am
It will be interesting to see what the first brief is anyway.

Mary Anne
29-11-2014, 11:29am
I received this email also.

I also see it quite clearly on the left *Who Can Enter* All you need is a Canon camera and a passion for photography..

wanderer51
03-12-2014, 2:10pm
I received this email also.

I also see it quite clearly on the left *Who Can Enter* All you need is a Canon camera and a passion for photography..

Yes, I saw this also. I am quite surprised that people missed it.