PDA

View Full Version : Photo Director 5 is Still (Only Just) Available Free

ameerat42
10-11-2014, 11:29am
You have 7 hours 30 mins to get this at time of this post.:(

I don't know anything about it, but I installed it today to try it out.
Version 6 has just been released, and so they're giving V5 away:):)
But you do have to register it, and for that they want your name and email address.
Link:
Free CyberLink PhotoDirector 5 HE (http://sharewareonsale.com/s/cyberlink-photodirector-4-sale)

Am.

Granville
10-11-2014, 12:00pm
No Mac version. :(

But given the feedback on the web site, It will be interesting to get your thoughts Am.

ameerat42
10-11-2014, 12:08pm
I was sure I saw a version for Mac, Granville. (??? Unless I was seeing things???)...
So I went and had another look and, alas! it looks like only V6 is available in Mac:(

ameerat42
14-11-2014, 10:32pm
Update on Photo Director 5:

I found it cumbersome, and worse, it had basic edit features missing, like Levels and a couple of others.
You could get these by "updating" to the fuller version of 5. The "free" one was a cut down version.

Well, that didn't do much for my interest in V6, either.

Shortly ago I removed the program from the 2 computers I had installed it on, and on one I installed the latest GIMP.

So, PD 5 - a lot of palaver!!

Am.

Speedway
15-11-2014, 12:32am
I started off with Ulead photo express 2 which came with my first scanner, upgraded to v3 which came with a video camera and I still use this for some things, mainly adding text as it is very simple. After getting my first DSLR a 400D twin lens kit I got Photoshop Elements 5 and after upgrading to the 7D I upgraded to Elements 10, it does everything I need and was fairly simple to learn. I have never seen the need to go to the full version of Photoshop as I still only use a small part of elements capability anyway.