the dane
25-08-2014, 4:53pm
Thanks for the help guys and the pm's!
But got it down to do I buy a
0lympus E-M10 or sony A6000
Both simular both simular prices with extra lens
Cheers
Buying tomorrow!
Amazing I started looking at a new panasonic or nikon or fugifilm! Now thanks to u guys its sony or olympus!
Also **name removed - see rule 3** had fugifilm XE1 for $800, bloke said could probably take an extra $150 off since its a run out sale!
Wow looked good but not wifi! Still crossed my mind!

Mark L
25-08-2014, 8:12pm
Thanks for the help guys and the pm's!
But got it down to do I buy a
0lympus E-M10 or sony A6000

:scrtch:
Some one will PM the answer.
I was interested in your questions in your other thread. Pity I can't see the answers.:rolleyes:

ameerat42
25-08-2014, 8:32pm
A good point, Mark!

Dane. We're all for helping out on AP, as I'm sure you can appreciate. But I must ask, why 3 threads on the one topic, viz: a new compact camera?
Here they are, please note the dates:
First: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?134025-Need-help
Second: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?134229-View-finder-or-not
Third: THIS THREAD, titled "Last Question".

How do you expect people to comprehensively help you if they have to (even if they realise) comb three threads?

Please continue all your subsequent enquiries about your new compact camera in this thread.

Am.

ricktas
25-08-2014, 8:54pm
All previous threads are now closed.

swifty
25-08-2014, 9:55pm
OP had PM'd me hence I had continued the conversation in PM, rather than in the original thread.

Anyways, having narrowed things down to 2 choices (not easy sometimes) it probably comes down to feel.
The A6000 might have the edge in performance but grows a little size wise compared to the E-M10.

To be honest you can't really go wrong with either choices and in most situations for a beginner, the limiting factor won't be the gear.

I'd say go play with both cameras and see which you like the feel of the best. Then after you've bought, forget about the purchasing decision and really try to learn and have fun with either camera. Both systems (Sony and m43) are very strong in the mirrorless realms so there's plenty of room to advance should your interest in photography continue to grow. Its quite easy to get bogged down in the gear selection sometimes.