PDA

View Full Version : Repeat after me--Macca is an idiot

macmich
15-08-2014, 9:19pm
I am sitting 11floors up right opposite flinders st station in a motel room and on the river side, I have the art centre to my right and straight ahead is federation square. I also have uninterrupted views both ways up the river, I can see the mcg and left home this afternoon arrived at our place for the night opened the boot and the tripods there but camera at home
Macca is an idiot

ameerat42
15-08-2014, 9:23pm
Quick! Set up the tripod. Save something of the trip.
Next time, pack tripod and camera, and leave Macca at home:D

It must be galling when they have this as the message:
Shoot something new like Night Scene? ameerat42 macmich

ricktas
15-08-2014, 9:35pm
ouch!

MattNQ
15-08-2014, 9:57pm
There were dubious instructions in another thread on how to shoot RAW from your phone.......

paulheath
15-08-2014, 10:08pm
depending how long your there , pop over to Michael s cameras and rent some?

arthurking83
15-08-2014, 10:20pm
OK.. I'll repeat after you if you do the same for me .. AK83 is an idiot.

A few years ago I had a delivery to a famous winery up near you(just south of Nagambie) .. name escapes me now, but will come to me 1.3s after I hit the [post quick reply] button!

Anyhow, I had my camera, I had my tripod, I asked if it were ok to go down to the wonderful cellars and take a few shots .. all ok so far, no problem.

Set up tripod to take a few shots of the awesome large wine barrels in the dark .. camera not working properly. Push buttons by feel, feel around camera again, finally got to the on off toggle .. nothing!
First thing pops to mind is a dead camera.
Second thing that pops to mind is maybe a dead battery .. maybe I forgot to charge it last night ... err.... actually I didn't forge to charge it last night .. idiot me forgot to put it back into the camera after it got charged!

Confusion says .. camera with no battery = an idiot owner!

I think i kind'a know how you feel!

(nup .. still can't remember the name of the famous winery :o)

macmich
16-08-2014, 8:43am
I did manage a few shots with the ipad and I found out that you would only use ipad for browsing your favourite sites, Arthur that makes me feel better

ameerat42
16-08-2014, 9:50am
I did manage a few shots with the ipad and I found out that you would only use ipad for browsing your favourite sites, Arthur that makes me feel better

Macca. What about dipping it into that caustic solution to give you raw?:rolleyes:

dbax
16-08-2014, 10:09am
yep I'm with Arthur, once left the battery at home on the charger and once forgot to put the CF card back into camera after downloading :( I now make a habit of not closing the those compartments when items aren't inside just to remind me.

Cage
16-08-2014, 12:20pm
Welcome to the "Oh Sh!t Club".

My intro was driving quite some distance to shoot some White-bellied Sea Eagles. They were there, I got to withing about 20m, set up tripod, turned on camera and got the dreaded 'e' message.

My memory card was at home in my computer. :lol2::lol2::lol2:

arthurking83
16-08-2014, 1:11pm
..... I now make a habit of not closing the those compartments when items aren't inside just to remind me.

LOL! I have done the same ever since too.

Seems like the perfect solution from a smart person ;)
(problem is I know I'll still stuff it up again one day too tho :p)

macmich
16-08-2014, 3:00pm
I will put up some ipad shots when I work it out

ameerat42
16-08-2014, 3:17pm
Since it's silly we're talking about...

Walk this way, instead. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8):D

Grant S
16-08-2014, 4:48pm
Spent a week in Italy recently whilst my tripod was in England. :(

ameerat42
16-08-2014, 4:58pm
Spent a week in Italy recently whilst my tripod was in England. :(

And where was your camera?:rolleyes:

Mark L
16-08-2014, 10:12pm
Stop trying to make him feel better.
Repeat,

Macca is an idiot

I am to. I've been living with this realisation for years. The government doesn't accept it as a disability and won't give me a pension.:(
You'll get used to it macca.

Grant S
20-08-2014, 9:13pm
And where was your camera?:rolleyes:
In Italy with me of course.

Speedway
21-08-2014, 1:08pm
Been there - done it all more than once. The last one I was at the Go Karts 200Km away, had a shoot on the next night, pulled the batteries out of the camera to recharge grabbed the bag with chargers and spare batteries, No batteries or chargers, had left them plugged in at the track canteen. Had genuine charger at home but batteries in camera were the older non chipped ones that you cant recharge with genuine charger Luckily I had the original battery in the bag and was able to use that. As it was only a few dollars for another ebay charger I ordered one to get me by until the next meeting.
Cheers
Keith.

bobt
23-08-2014, 3:39pm
I am sitting 11floors up right opposite flinders st station in a motel room and on the river side, I have the art centre to my right and straight ahead is federation square. I also have uninterrupted views both ways up the river, I can see the mcg and left home this afternoon arrived at our place for the night opened the boot and the tripods there but camera at home
Macca is an idiot

What a total bummer ........ good story though. This week I had to lay some brick ... couldn't find my cement trowel, so I bought a new one. Came home, found my old one. Started laying, found I didn't need either of them.
Not the same, but S*#@ has a way of happening.

Now ......I know this won't be of any use to you .... but can you tell me where you were?

I'm currently looking to book a room just like that for New Year's Eve so that I can take fireworks photos. It sounds ideal for that. If anyone else has any suggestions, they'd be welcome too! :tog:

macmich
23-08-2014, 4:02pm
Quay west, you cannot get closer to the river or st Kildare road, but I reckon they might have all the river frontage units booked all ready, but no harm in trying

bobt
23-08-2014, 4:04pm
Great! Thanks for that - I'll see what's available. :)

arthurking83
24-08-2014, 11:37am

I'm currently looking to book a room just like that for New Year's Eve so that I can take fireworks photos. It sounds ideal for that. If anyone else has any suggestions, they'd be welcome too! :tog:

You have two trowels now .. build your own! :p
(assuming that you don't forget to bring them on the night :D)

bobt
24-08-2014, 12:38pm
You have two trowels now .. build your own! :p
(assuming that you don't forget to bring them on the night :D)

..... and assuming that I can remember what I came for in the first place!!

I think I might have laid my last brick .... I'm too old for that sort of thing .... :eek:

bitsnpieces
24-08-2014, 10:48pm
Quay west, you cannot get closer to the river or st Kildare road, but I reckon they might have all the river frontage units booked all ready, but no harm in trying

Which room? I'm interested in booking that same room one day when I have some money just so I can get those shots :D