PDA

View Full Version : Man Cave

geoffsta
11-08-2014, 8:51pm
I haven't been around much lately, The cameras have had a bit of a break.... But all for the greater good, and long term enjoyment.

My son is moving home for 6 or 8 months while he builds himself a new home. So I have built a room in the shed for him.
It's 3.5m x 3.5m. Double insulated, air con, TV and internet. So I think he will be comfortable...

But there is method in my madness...... :)

When he leaves it will become my studio. Note the grey feature wall with no power points. The three LED down lights at the rear, and power points on left and right walls for studio lights. I might add... Just head shots.. Too small for anything else... Thanks Jev..
Enough power points above the computer desk to run all my computer gear, plus my 2 printers and backup systems, as well as a data point... All well thought out.

Took me about 4 weeks of after work and weekends, which included cleaning out the shed which took 3 skips to empty. And I can still fit both cars in there 9m x7.5m shed.

jev
11-08-2014, 9:03pm
It's always nice to have your own man-space. However... 3,5 x 3,5 is too small for a photostudio. And blue carpet?

Mary Anne
11-08-2014, 10:55pm
Good on you Geoff and two great things to look forward too.

kleinpark
12-08-2014, 2:58pm
Very flash !!!

mongo
12-08-2014, 3:32pm
As you might imagine, Mongo is a cave expert. He thoroughly approves ! Now, how soon can we get your son to move and get up to cave business ?? :D

Mark L
12-08-2014, 8:23pm
Now, how soon can we get your son to move and get up to cave business ?? :D
Pretty quick. You could organise a visit for a meal.
A Sonday roast?

geoffsta
12-08-2014, 8:54pm
Or eggs and bacon.. Sonny side up

macmich
12-08-2014, 9:10pm
theres a method to your madness, good thinking 99