PDA

View Full Version : Big Red Bash

out n about
15-07-2014, 6:28pm
Hi, We have been on the move again and heading west through qld where we met some people at an overnight campsite near Windorah and decided we would all attend the big red bash just west of Birdsville the next weekend.
Here are a couple of pics of the event which was held to raise money for type 1 diabetes and held at the base of big red a particularly large sand dune on the fringe of the Simpson Desert. After nightfall the sand dune was lit up with coloured lights.
the artists included john Williamson, Kasey Chambers and a supergroup comprising Daryll Braithwaite, ross Wilson, James Reyne and Joe Camerleri. Although quite chilly at night it was a great 2 day event.

ktoopi
15-07-2014, 8:16pm
Sounds like it was a fantastic event!;) My husband would have given anything to see some of those performers......he's a country music fan. I've been on top of that sand dune at the end of our Simpson Desert Crossing in 2003 :)

martycon
18-07-2014, 10:48pm
What a great place for the event.I like shot 3. Would love to be there next year.

Mark L
22-07-2014, 8:39pm
The things you come across when your out n about. Good luck to you and thanks for the photos. Interesting.:th3:

out n about
25-07-2014, 6:28pm
What a great place for the event.I like shot 3. Would love to be there next year.

Hi Martycon yes, it was a great event in a spectacular location, and hopefully we will make it again next year.

poorman
10-08-2014, 8:16pm
That looks like a great looking avent to go to ;; id be slideing down those dunes i recon