PDA

View Full Version : Finally starting to use this site!

Hayley Axon
08-07-2014, 8:25pm
Hello,

I joined AP quiet a while ago, when I got my first DSLR (A canon 550d). I was excited about starting my photography journey but in way over my head- I didn't know my Shutter speed from my F stops. There was way too much information and jargon and so I took a step back. With the help of a local short course and some patient photography friends I began to grasp the basics- to get my mind around the simply stunning and complicated things my camera was capable of. I'm finally at the point where I can understand the fundamentals of photography. There is still so much for me to learn but I feel like I am at a stage where I can join a community like AP and make the most of what it has to offer!

I love street photography. I've recently returned from a trip to Cambodia and my most enjoyable moments were spent people watching and snapping candid pictures of locals just going about their everyday lives. I love the glimpse into another person's world that street photography offers.

My other photography passions include travel photography and portraiture but I am interested in developing skills in macro photography as well. I'm so new to this whole experience that everything is exciting and I want to try it all!

I hope to continue to build my skills as a photographer and gain a firmer understanding of my camera's capabilities. I can't wait to receive constructive feedback on my work and develop my style as a photographer. I hope I will be a useful contributor to this community.

I look forward to seeing everybody's' work and adding some of my own,

Hayley

ricktas
08-07-2014, 8:49pm
Welcome back. Based on you joining in 2010 and obviously having done some photography since, we have upgraded you from beginner to intermediate experience level.

Hope we see you and your photo on the forums soon

Hawthy
08-07-2014, 8:56pm
Congratulations to your promotion to Intermediate level. Candid photography is the topic of the week in the 2014 Ausphotography 52 week challenge. Have a crack! We would love to see you join us!

Mary Anne
08-07-2014, 8:58pm
Hello Hayley and Welcome back. Join right in and start posing on the Forums for cc.
And do have a go at commenting on other Members Posts also.

bitsnpieces
08-07-2014, 9:01pm
Hey Hayley and welcome to AP.

Cambodia is a very nice place indeed and it's growing which is awesome.
Anyways, hope to see some of your shots soon :)

Kym
08-07-2014, 9:02pm
:gday: & Welcome Back!
- lets see some new photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
08-07-2014, 10:51pm
G'day Hayley.
Welcome back to your next camera club. :)
Hope you get involved. 'tis what makes forums work, and helps us all learn.
Questions and comments are good.