PDA

View Full Version : Gumtree Hacked

paulheath
28-06-2014, 6:07pm
just wondering if its just me, my computer whilst using Firefox will not let me access gumtree, have no problems with IE, anybody else having issues ? i haven't changed any security settings or any firefox settings........so if anyone can just check there's on FF not IE the main page will come up, i can ever search, but when i try to open a specific item i get this

arthurking83
28-06-2014, 6:50pm
I just opened Glumtree in FF now and it appears fine .. no attack page warning.

Maybe you browsed to a particular section last time where an attack thingidoodle (ad or script or something) was waiting to pounce?

Dunno .. but as I'm looking at it, and a couple of saved ads I had bookmarked .. I have no problem at my end.

I'm using FF v30.0

- - - UPDATED - - -

Ahhhhh! replied too quickly.

I generally don't browse GT all that much .. I had a couple of items marked and saved as bookmarks.

Clicked on them and opened in new tabs each and all was fine.
Within those tabs(of which I now had three gumtree main page, and one of each of my bookmarks) I went back to the borwse for ads tab up on their toolbar and then I got the same attack page warning.

(probably a cache thingy on my end .. which didn't reveal the warning until I tried a newly created page or something).

Errrrr .. for now, I'd just stay away(just in case)

- - - Updated - - -

Also weird!!

Safebrowsing website info re Gumtree (http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=gumtree.com/)
This site is what I believe is used for firefox's security warnings and the basic premise as of the 27-06-2014 is that they scanned 7114 pages on the GT site and fond nothing.

paulheath
28-06-2014, 7:22pm
thanks arthur, a google search revealed there are a few people having this problem. thanks for having a look for me .

ameerat42
28-06-2014, 8:45pm
It's VANDALISM, Paul. I H8 tree-hackers, they should HUG them instead.:rolleyes:

I @ M
28-06-2014, 8:59pm
thanks arthur, a google search revealed there are a few people having this problem. thanks for having a look for me .

Oh well, one only has to look at the owners of G/tree to find out that they probably spend slightly less on security ( = in all probability $0.00 ) for their free site than they do on their own fraud ridden paysite ---