PDA

View Full Version : Over cooked photoshop of Mariah Carey - even she hates it

Kym
26-06-2014, 1:11pm
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-style/ugh-mariah-carey-reacts-to-overlyphotoshopped-you-dont-know-what-to-do-single-cover/story-fn9076o9-1226967515907

‘Ugh!’ - Mariah Carey reacts to overly-Photoshopped You Don’t Know What To Do single cover

June 26, 2014 11:53AM

MARIAH Carey has publicly denounced the artwork for her latest single, joining a growing chorus of fans who see the airbrushed image as a Photoshop Too Far.

Much of the artwork Carey has released this year in support of her latest album, Me. I Am Mariah ... The Elusive Chanteuse, has presented the singer in an otherworldy, surreal (read: heavily Photoshopped) light.
But it seems the cartoonish artwork for her current single, You Don’t Know What To Do, took even Mariah by surprise.
“That definitely was NOT my selection for the cover ... ugh!” Carey tweeted this week when the artwork landed online.

:lol2:

ving
26-06-2014, 1:29pm
it is over cooked indeed! who took the photo... fire them!

fess67
26-06-2014, 6:21pm
Looks fine to me.

She does not seem to mind overcooking her songs!!!! Why use 12 notes when 1 will do :lol:

fabian628
28-06-2014, 9:28pm
yeah I agree, it looks like any photo in a magazine. I would have though she would have OK'ed it before it got printed though.

Mark L
28-06-2014, 10:39pm
Take a look at the last photo in Kym's link. And she want's to complain.
Over cooked photoshop of Mariah Carey!!??
How about presenting how you really look, always!
Doesn't sell, so don't complain.

bitsnpieces
29-06-2014, 10:08am
Overcooked photo? In essence... it's what she's asking for...

http://www.wetpaint.com/pop-divas/gallery/2014-05-12-outrageous-diva-demands-contracts-riders#3

Oh these celebrities...

arthurking83
29-06-2014, 1:14pm
I think this is more of a marketing stunt, than a real concern for reproduction reality.

Mariah would be crazy not to jump onto a bandwagon while it's a popular topic and cause a bit of controversy.
There'll be lot of free air time over this for her and that's about the single most important aspect to this industry.

What will be interesting is how she will look on her next cover or ad campaign or whatever!
if she's serious about reality in image perception, she'll want to have a lot more say on how she looks from now on.
My guess is that she'll take the punt and still use the same ol practices that have worked for the last umpteen years with the hope that no one will remember this concern! :rolleyes:

bitsnpieces
29-06-2014, 3:04pm
Arthur is on the ball about the publicity stunt.

It's funny too seeing this post after briefly going through this one the other day:
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?132855-The-difference-between-a-good-photographer-and-a-great-photographer

Soon, you won't even have to take photos of the person themselves - just a mug shot. Then with photoshop, they find a pre-existing image with the post you want (if you don't have a mug shot, you can probably find it online already anyways too) change the skin tone, fix up whatever, add/remove whatever, twist and turn the head, change its angle thingy, etc etc and bam, new image. lol