09-05-2014, 5:18pm
http://youtu.be/dLfPKrhwCCM

bitsnpieces
10-05-2014, 3:14pm
Interesting indeed - really like it.

Thank you for the share :)

ricktas
10-05-2014, 3:28pm
@ $599 for 1TB it is only something the fashion conscious would get for now. I could get several TB for that price.

arthurking83
10-05-2014, 3:58pm
$600! for a goofy ball that only displays back at ya, what you provide it with! .. err no thanks :D

Me, I prefer to wait for holographic matrix storage devices to materialise into real (usable) products.

Hopefully in my lifetime at least.

I wanna know who'll be the first person to say .... " We won't need 1000zetabytes of storage!"

So does this sillyver ball...eeee thingo up there!... does it tell 'ya when your data is going to fail long before it actually does, so you can at least plan to do something of a backup. Lord knows the household budget has been done for the next decade and a bit, so other backup devices may be a bit hard to come by.
Also if it can predict the future a bit, can it also tell me next weeks lotto numbers(I can't be bothered going out for todays, so next weeks' are more important)

Mark L
10-05-2014, 11:05pm
^Don't care, I think it looks good AK.
If you can afford one, why not. If you can't, sorry about what Mr Hockey will announce next week.;)

arthurking83
11-05-2014, 12:38pm
...... sorry about what Mr Hockey will announce next week.;)

No need to apologize Mark ...

We all know that whatever Jockey announces next Tue ..... it's inevitable that this device will be made of a stronger grade of 'unobtanium'

vharperv
11-05-2014, 6:28pm
@ $599 for 1TB it is only something the fashion conscious would get for now. I could get several TB for that price.

ah but it is a really attractive paper weight as well. dual purpose has to be worth something.:)
vera

- - - Updated - - -

ah but it is a really attractive paper weight as well. dual purpose has to be worth something.:)
vera

Mary Anne
13-05-2014, 10:44am
Interesting though I prefer the smaller sized ones that you can pop in a draw and cost about 1/8 of that price for the same amount of storage.

MissionMan
13-05-2014, 12:34pm
It's a nice design but it's an extremely impractical use of space. At least when Apple design things they use the space efficiently.

Bennymiata
05-06-2014, 6:44pm
I suppose it will sell to the same type of people that buy Vertu phones.
Christofle do make nice crystal though, and also nice cutlery.

At least it should light up in different colours, or at least tell the future for that sort of money.