PDA

View Full Version : Haven't posted for a while

ROA44
08-05-2014, 8:25pm
Well I know I have 't posted much for a while, so thought I'd better post something. I have been having to do painting do to a new bedroom reno, but also my daughter has just had lung cancer surgery so currently at the hospital the last few nights. Isn't it the way ya get a new piece of kit and ya can't get out to use it.

Had someone ask if I could do a family shoot the other day but I declined as I said that as it was one that may not come around again and not having enough experience then probably better to go through a professional as I wouldn't want to see it not turn out and the oportunity not be possible further down the track.

So hopefully I'll be out and about again soon and posting again.
Well that's enough of a rant to keep me on track and the wolves from the door, so cheers for now.

Mark L
08-05-2014, 9:06pm
Hope everything goes well for your daughter.
Surely the painting can wait until you know how to take a good photo of it with the new(ish) kit.:)

ricktas
08-05-2014, 9:08pm
All good, except posting to Out Of Focus does not keep your account active :D See this --->>> http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=How_Do_I:Restore_my_access_from_inactive_status for details of the forums that will NOT keep your account active. Hint, they are the ones that will not re-activate an inactive account

ROA44
08-05-2014, 9:21pm
Thanks Mark, no I was told the painting needed to be done before the bed was delivered, before the mattress was delivered,before the curtains come or something like that. Will get out soon .

Thank you Rick forgot about that.

Mary Anne
08-05-2014, 10:36pm
I hope your Daughter recovers from the Surgery quickly.
After you have done all that painting and rest up a little if its possible, maybe then you can try out that new kit.

ausfitter
09-05-2014, 10:03am
Mate, I hope your daughter recovers quickly also. Personally photography can wait when family need your support.

bitsnpieces
10-05-2014, 4:11am
Mate, I hope your daughter recovers quickly also. Personally photography can wait when family need your support.

Unless photography supports the family - specially during those important times too, if you know what I mean.

@ROA44 - I wish your daughter all the best and that she will recover soon.

ROA44
10-05-2014, 8:29pm
Thank you Everyone for you thoughts.

She is now out of ICU and in cardiac ward and is now free from all the connection and has been for some short walks. It was a Ewings Sarcoma which was first diagnosed in her leg (6 months after getting married), resulting in the removal of her femur and two muscles in her leg and has now reappeared in her lungs, twice over the last 2 years. So we press on again.

Gonig to look though some images soon to try and post.

Cheers for now.

bitsnpieces
10-05-2014, 9:10pm
Wow, intense - hope all does go well.

And I still believe, although you may not be out there photographing things, family is still one very important thing to photograph - precious memories.