PDA

View Full Version : Canon 6d wifi connection to Samsung S4 problem.

johnrogers45
08-05-2014, 4:45pm
When I first connected my 6D to the S4 I had no problem. This was a few months ago. Then when I went to reconnect it didn't work and I had to go through the whole reconnection process, but it finally worked. Now when I try to carry out the reconnection I get the message on the S4 that it is checking the network connection then it says "Network disabled because Internet connection is slow" and doesn't connect to the camera. I don't know why it is checking the network connection as I was trying to connect by the "Camera access point mode" and not the "Infrastructure mode". I have tried to connect using both modes and also with my Internet Wi-Fi turned off but nothing works. Has anybody had this problem or a solution to this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I have found a solution on the internet. I needed to go into advanced wifi settings and turn off Network notification and Auto network switch. Now it works each time.

bitsnpieces
15-05-2014, 9:03am
Useful to know for any future users. :)

arthurking83
16-05-2014, 8:05am

- - - Updated - - -

.... I needed to go into advanced wifi settings and turn off Network notification and Auto network switch. Now it works each time.

Is that on the S4 or on the 6D?
(Just as a future reference for any other 6D users out there)

johnrogers45
19-05-2014, 5:49pm
The settings on the Samsung S4 need to be changed.