PDA

View Full Version : New (ish) Canon user

Sargimuss
04-05-2014, 9:27am
Gidday all. I'm new to the forums and live in Launceston, Tasmania.

I've been interested in photography for a while and got a 600D kit for Christmas from my family.

My interests bounce all over the place (from Fungi, Macro, Birding, night photography, e.t.c.) I love getting out and snapping what I can.

My arsenal consists of (between my partner and I:

Me- 600D, EF-S 10-22, 18-55, 70-300, 100mm 2.8 Macro, RC6 and a cheapo tripod.

My partner- 700D, EF-S 10-22, 18-55, 55-250, 50mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8 macro, RC6 and a lightweight Manfrotto tripod.

We've doubled up on some of our gear so we can go shooting together looking for the same subject.

Recently, we've been bitten by the bug of Aurora Australae and are keen to get some good pictures of it, which has led to the better tripod and second wide angle.

I consider myself to be a very avid learner and I'm very keen to get my head around the technical and creative aspects of digital photography.

My Flickr account should be easily found doing a search for Steve Sargent. (I'm not 100% sure how to directly link it here yet)

I'm yet to have a decent look around the forums, but I'll be doing that soon.

Sent from the Z using tapatalk Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ricktas
04-05-2014, 9:44am
Welcome. See you on the forums soon

Sargimuss
04-05-2014, 10:14am
Thanks Rick. I've just been looking through the newbie section and have already been impressed with the activity and help that is offered here.

I'm also part of the Overclockers Australia (OCAU) forum which has a photography section.

AP seemed a more fitting place to be for the purpose of learning about photography.

This is looking like a great community and very active.

Sent from the Z using tapatalk Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Mary Anne
05-05-2014, 1:55pm
Hello Steve and Welcome to AP.. Very much looking forward to seeing some of those Aurora Australae images on the Forums.
You have some great images on your Photosteam at flickr too.

Kym
06-05-2014, 10:31am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bcys1961
06-05-2014, 2:55pm
Welcome ,

Enjoy the site! As you say , it is very active and the more the merrier!. Make use of the Beginner's CC forum while you can. Get involved and enter the competitions (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/apcompetition.php) ( if you like competitions (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/apcompetition.php)) , and try the members challenge each week . These all give you a way to keep motivated and focus your learning.

Their is a wealth of experience and information here on the site.

Most of all have fun!

Sargimuss
06-05-2014, 8:41pm
Thanks heaps for the welcomes guys. I've got a lot of learning to do and haven't got any background in photography at all. I've been trying to educate myself technically to have an appreciation of how to drive my camera my way (Getting out of Auto) and so far, it's been a really good learning curve. Aperture is the one thing that I have yet to be able to get my head completely around in practice, but time will help that along.

I've been in the Newcomers section for a photo that I took yesterday and edited in Lightroom (the CC there was fantastic)

My partner and I enjoy the "fun" part of photography and being able to get out and look at life through a lens really help us appreciate being out and about every chance we get.

Thanks for your comment about my Flickr album Mary Anne, it's pretty good having a place to share your photography that's so diverse and global.