PDA

View Full Version : Hi! Obviously I'm new here :)

SpoonyDan
30-04-2014, 3:32pm
G'day everyone. Figured I'd joining a local forum would a great way my knowledge and skills and perhaps even get some constructive criticism along the way.

I've always like photography, but have never really had any good gear.

Late last year I took my two dogs both with terminal cancer to Zoo Studio in Brisbane for a photoshoot with Ken, generously organised by a lady running a rescue shelter and Zoo.
Sadly they both passed earlier this year, but this photoshoot was to be the trigger that kicked me into gear. I love dogs, and watching Ken work with my two was awesome, never have I has so much job envy !

So a few months ago after much research I bought myself some gear.
Originally just thinking Nikon or Canon (the main go to brands I'm sure) but I love tech and researching it, so starting seeing so many good options.

In the end I purchased a FujiFilm X-T1 and currently have the 1.4 35mm and 50-230mm .

My main interest is shooting dogs, I've done quite a few so far so may post some up in the appropriate section. I'm keen to hear more experienced people thoughts and advice.

Kym
30-04-2014, 3:33pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
30-04-2014, 7:59pm
G'day and welcome to a good place to play and learn Dan. Works best if you get involved.:th3:
Don't be afraid to ask if you need help figuring anything out here.

landyvlad
30-04-2014, 8:11pm
Yes welcome !

SpoonyDan
30-04-2014, 9:51pm
Thanks !

Mary Anne
30-04-2014, 10:34pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Sorry to read about your Pets that is so sad.