PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Jamesy
30-04-2014, 12:16pm
Hi to all,

I'm a newbie looking at getting back into photography. It's been a long time between drinks for me, with my last decent camera being a Canon film SLR. Since then, I have only had the use of a decent digital point and shoot.

I'm now in the market to buy my first dslr, so will be looking through the forums with interest to try and research the best options for me etc.

Andrew

Mary Anne
30-04-2014, 2:46pm
Hello Andrew and Welcome to AP. An exciting time for you and you will find a few threads here where Members ask the same thing.
All the brands are good you just have to decide which brand feels good in your hands its best to go into a store and try them out for size.
Check out the Camera/Lens/Gear Forum and if you need help about a camera you think may be the one you want to buy, start a post there.
If you have older Lenses sometimes it only takes an Adaptor to fit them on a different camera.. And all the best with whatever camera you decide on.

Kym
30-04-2014, 3:34pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
30-04-2014, 6:53pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon

Mark L
30-04-2014, 8:20pm
G'day Andrew.
If you still have your old Canon lenses and they are EF, then they will work on Canons DSLR's. Though you probably already know that and probably don't still have the lenses.:D
At least you've found a good forum.:th3:

Wayne63
02-05-2014, 9:35am
Welcome to AP Andrew, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums