PDA

View Full Version : N00b from Brisbane

AngusG
17-04-2014, 12:56pm
Howdy, probably the biggest photography n00b you've come across recently. Have had a couple of small point and shoots in the past but nothing serious. And a GoPro Hero 2 (lol) for underwater stuff.

The main factor for me getting into photography right now (I've always been interested) is I'm heading to Vanuatu later this year and am checking out Mount Yasur. There's times when an iPhone camera just isn't enough and seeing an active volcano is just one of those times.

I'm also mad keen into diving, I'll be getting some underwater gear in time, but that's an expensive enough hobby as it is.

Oh, and now shooting with a G1X mk II.

Cheers :)

landyvlad
17-04-2014, 2:25pm
:gday:

1. Welcome ! from another digital 'beginner' from Brissie
2. Got any wreck diving pics to show us? :2smile:
3. Don't use the word "Noob". Not a rule, it just irks me ! :p

Kym
17-04-2014, 3:51pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Angella
17-04-2014, 4:17pm
Welcome to the forum. We all started somewhere, and always something to learn no matter how long you've been at it. This is a great place to learn, show your work and get cc. You won't feel like a 'noob' for long.

Mary Anne
17-04-2014, 4:19pm
Hello Angus :action66: And Welcome to AP..
And the best way to learn is to post some images on the Forum for cc that way you will get all the advice you need.
So Join in post away and do have a go at commenting on other Members posts :2smile:

ricktas
17-04-2014, 6:30pm
Welcome. and feel free to use Noob if you want :D

See you and your photos on the forums soon

AngusG
18-04-2014, 8:25pm
Welcome. and feel free to use Noob if you want :D

See you and your photos on the forums soon

But noob isn't very l33t

Cheers for the welcomes! I might lurk a little longer and explore the non Auto settings of my camera a little more before I post anything though :)

rwg717
19-04-2014, 7:42pm
Hi Angus and welcome to AP:D
Richard

AngusG
20-04-2014, 1:29pm
:gday:

1. Welcome ! from another digital 'beginner' from Brissie
2. Got any wreck diving pics to show us? :2smile:
3. Don't use the word "Noob". Not a rule, it just irks me ! :p

Here's a couple from a wreck called the Ovalau we did in Fiji (only from the GoPro, it's all I had at the time). I'll be doing the Coolidge over in Vanuatu in October. The thing I liked about the Ovalau is that it emphasised that not all wrecks are gigantic majestic warships, some of them are just literally piles of scrap metal. Planning on going to Truk Lagoon in the next year or two as well.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/e7ezu3y9.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/etazu3er.jpg

Mark L
20-04-2014, 9:28pm
Yep, that looks like a pile of scrap metal.:)
Welcome overboard Angus.:)

Jaded62
22-04-2014, 1:39pm
Welcome. Looking forward to more underwater shots.

landyvlad
22-04-2014, 4:53pm
Cheers for the pic. I'm not a diver but shipwrecks fascinate me.

I'm sure you'll love Truk lagoon ! Ships, Landing Craft, Planes, vehicles........