PDA

View Full Version : Had a DSLR time for a new camera - non dslr

AussieBrent
26-03-2014, 11:01pm
Hi Guys,

I have owned a 550d for 4 years now and I am looking at moving on.

I'm finally heading over to Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos in November for 4 weeks so want to find a camera that is similar to DSLR quality same type of features but more compact for traveling, I also want to use this camera once I get back the same way as I used a DSLR such as landscapes, sunsets, sunrises, street, night photography, HDR but want to go down the more compact avenue but I want it to become my main camera.

As I can see there is alot of good quality compacts out now and I'm just starting researching them hoping someone can help with some of the cameras I should look at, I guess the big thing is price well small compact body couple of lens hopefully looking at something under 2k but if you know any over that the quality is excellent let me know.

Thanks

ricktas
27-03-2014, 6:25am
check this forum out, one of these, sounds just like what you seek : http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?189-Mirrorless-and-Non-DSLR-cameras

AussieBrent
27-03-2014, 6:52am
Thanks mate

nimrodisease
27-03-2014, 7:44am
The only mirrorless system I've had experience with is the Sony NEX-5N, but it really is exceptional. It's not quite 'fit-in-your-pocket' compact (unless you have large pockets - I can fit it in my winter jacket pockets), but it's a lot smaller than a DSLR. I bought it for my wife just before we traveled to Europe last year and she loves it too.

davsv1
27-03-2014, 9:37am
I think these day they are all pretty good as are all DSLRs it really comes down to size and ergonomics and menus you can understand and of course lenses ( size and range). m4/3 has probably the smallest lenses as the sensor size is smaller than apsc but no less quality in the real world . Go to your local camera shop and have a feel for each and see what works for you.

landyvlad
27-03-2014, 7:12pm
Depends what physical size you want but I bought a lumix fz2oo.