PDA

View Full Version : Newby from Toowoomba Qld

lesterz
14-03-2014, 6:02pm
Hi everyone.
My partner Lyn & myself are fairly new to photography (well actually we have taken photos for years without really knowing what we were doing) & want to learn a lot more about it all. We have the following gear Canon 60D, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 L IS USM Macro, Canon EF 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS , Canon EF 75-300 4-5.6 III, Yongnuo YN565EX Speedlite. I would like to do some macro work while Lyn prefers landscapes & shots of animals/birds for her art work & we both (of course) take shots of the grandkids. We are toying with the idea of getting two new lenses as we plan to do a fair amount of travelling around Oz in the next few years. One would be something like a 28mm f1.8 for use indoors in low light conditions & also for landscapes. The other may be a telephoto lens. In a world with no cash worries, a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM with a 2X extender would be perfect. Any comments on these possible lenses would be appreciated. We feel it is always best to buy the best you can possibly afford but the L series lenses are a bit frightening. :confused013

Kym
14-03-2014, 7:22pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
14-03-2014, 7:41pm
Welcome. See you and your photos on the forums soon.

lesterz
14-03-2014, 7:44pm
Thanks Kym. It certainly seems a friendly forum from some of the posts I have seen. I hope to learn a bit once I start to post some pics.

Ditto to Ricktas as well.

Ian
14-03-2014, 9:23pm
Hi Lester and Lyn, welcome aboard from a Dalbyite. they are a good crew, friendly and helpful. ask questions and join in and have fun.:food04::) Ian(aka pappa smurf:costumed70:)

Mary Anne
15-03-2014, 12:46am
Hi there Lester and Lyn and Welcome to AP.. Curious as to what is frightening about the Canon L lenses is it the price ?
If so then there are other lenses you can try the third party lenses Sigma, Tamron and Tokina with the same focal length though a different price.

Wayne63
15-03-2014, 7:25pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Mark L
15-03-2014, 10:12pm
Welcome aboard.
Don't be to overwhelmed be the feedback you get. Sometimes we can post a photo and get underwhelmed by the lack of response.;)

As far as your travels go, if ever you come near Mudgee, PM me for a get together. Plenty of places to visit around here.:th3: