PDA

View Full Version : Hi - New member :)

cathywillett
12-03-2014, 3:28pm
Hi everyone :)

This is my first post on the forums and I just wanted to quickly introduce myself, and tell you a little bit about me :)

I am in Yr 12 at High school this year. 17 in April!! Born and Bread in North Queensland ;P I live on a relatively small block of 8 acres on which we run a handful of cows.

I first showed and interest in photography when I was about 11 so I got my first little digital camera for my birthday... from then it has just escalated :D
I now have a Canon EOS 450 D SLR (I got it in 2011) I bought it in a kit pack with 18-55 mm lens, 55-250 mm, and 50 mm lens and have just added to the collection of lenses. I now also have a Tamron 90mm Macro lens, Sigma 250-500mm zoom lens, extension tubes etc... :p Although some may consider it to be a rather expensive hobby for a teenager... All my equipment ended up being my birthday presents/Christmas/Easter combined for years...:p:rolleyes:
And I am glad that I was able to find something I am so passionate about and enjoy so greatly.

My favorite styles of photography are Macro, nature, wildlife :) I enjoy capturing the little things/moments in life but I am also willing to branch out and try capturing other subjects outside my comfort zone :)

I am a self taught and learnt as I went along and used my equipment. I have entered a handful of competitions in the past both online and through school and received highly commended's, runners up and won the school competition.
This year I received a commended in the 2014 Sony World Photography awards Youth competition which I was ecstatic about :):D;):cool::eek:!!

I am excited to have the chance to learn from the other members, see their works and share mine :)

Thanks,

Cathy <3

Kym
12-03-2014, 3:35pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
12-03-2014, 4:10pm
Hello Cathy and Welcome to AP. What an intro I feel you will be teaching some of us how to take Photos soon.. And Congrats on winning the School Competition.
And to received a commended in the 2014 Sony World Photography awards Youth competition, you would have been pleased with that.
You shoot the same Genres of Photography that I do so I will look forward to seeing what you post on those Forums then.

cale
12-03-2014, 10:05pm
Hi Cathy and welcome to AP. :)

ricktas
12-03-2014, 10:12pm
Welcome Cathy. see you and your photos on the forums soon.

Mark L
12-03-2014, 10:40pm
G'day also Cathy.
Think it's wonderful that you're getting involved in photography at your age. Don't post to many photos as they'll just make me feel older with less time to learn how to do it well. Just kidding. :lol2:
You have found a good place to learn, share, ask questions, help others and generally get involved. Hope you do.:th3:
Oh, it's not to late to get involved in this years members challenge if you want to try and photograph something different each week. The first thread has the list of themes ...... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?188-Member-Challenges-52-2014

Wayne63
13-03-2014, 9:37am
Welcome to AP Cathy, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums