PDA

View Full Version : ABC1 : Tonight : Australian Story : David Rennie

ricktas
10-03-2014, 6:16pm
Tonight's Australian Story on ABC1 will be about David Rennie who won the ANZANG Nature Photographer of the Year award in August 2013.

The winning image is HERE (http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/4922150-3x2-700x467.jpg)

Australian Story tonight might well be something us photographers should watch.

Mark L
10-03-2014, 9:39pm
Bugga, I don't pay much attention to TV, though would have liked to see this. The photo caused a bit of a stir in some places.
The episode is repeated 11:00 next Sunday. Have just set the PVR. Now to remember that.:)

Boo53
10-03-2014, 10:19pm
It was very interesting on lots of levels, thoroughly recommend watching Iview for any who have missed it.

agb
10-03-2014, 10:48pm
It was very interesting and they also raised the question of the authenticity of the photo that won the ANZANG last year.
There is no doubt that he took some beautiful photographs. Tough gig I think being a good bird photographer.

ricktas
10-03-2014, 11:04pm
it was indeed an interesting episode. Photogaphy, environmental disaster and possible espionage, all rolled into 30 minutes.

Norman
10-03-2014, 11:11pm
I enjoyed the show and a great many of the images shown that were taken by him are excellent , but as Rick says a very interesting episode indeed !

davsv1
10-03-2014, 11:32pm
Certainly worth the time to watch.
Inspiring story and interesting to see his dedication and see how he caught some wonderful images, not just a lucky shot but hours spent in the great outdoors no doubt in mossie infested tic infested wet scrub.
And the environmental side of the story!
Would love to know more about the espionage side but I guess we never really hear about true espionage or it wouldn't be real espionage would it!

agb
11-03-2014, 11:43am
I was interested to note that they raised the issue of his winning image at ANZANG last year. I guess he had no idea that if he was to enter such competitons he would he need to be careful with saving originals be able to verify them.
I got a bit of equipment envy though. 800mm canon lens is not cheap.

MattNQ
13-03-2014, 2:21am
Thanks for the heads up Rick. I finally watched it on iview.
An engaging story and wonderful images. Shame the arthritis looks like it may limit or end his ongoing photography.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

nimrodisease
13-03-2014, 9:24pm
I also enjoyed watching this, thanks for posting.

enseth
14-03-2014, 11:18am
Finally got around to watching this episode (thanks to my Tivo). He really took some sensational photos. It's a pity poor health has taken its toll. Certainly his images gives me something to aspire too. Interestingly, although he had some long reach telephoto lenses not all of them were that large so there's hope for me with my 400mm lens yet. Looks like I might have to get myself a Yowie suit though.