PDA

View Full Version : Hi!!

snapperK
03-03-2014, 5:14pm
Hello Everyone

I have been taking pictures for a while. My main interests are travel photography and I enjoy macro. Late last year and early this year I spent a lot of nights out storm chasing and took some reasonable photos of lightning which was fun, because you never really know how good they are until you get home!!

I have Lightroom and Photoshop. I can muddle my way through lightroom, and can do very, very, very basic things in photoshop using my trusty assistant "Google" to help me. I would really like to get the hang of photo editing to get the very best from my shots!!

I have a daughter who is a keen photographer as well, she is using a 550D and has asked for a flash for her 7th birthday!! She is actually pretty good and can pull off some great shots. I think the biggest thing for her is that she isn't over thinking it, she is just doing it and doing it well!!!

Thank you for letting me be a part of this great community!!!

Kym
03-03-2014, 5:17pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ameerat42
03-03-2014, 5:18pm
What a nice intro, Snapper. Welcome and join in. Have a look around the place, esp in the Library, and feel free to ask Qs.
The key to getting on here is participation.
Cheers, Am.

Mary Anne
03-03-2014, 6:49pm
Hello Snapper :action66: and Welcome to AP.. I did a very quick google, so that's where Clermont is ahh well Qld is a big place :D
There are so many interesting things to see and do there so I will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums..
And how wonderful is that to have a 7 year old buddy to show you the ropes lucky you :2encou:

snapperK
03-03-2014, 8:54pm
Thank You Everyone for your kind welcome!!

Wayne63
04-03-2014, 9:33am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

bcys1961
05-03-2014, 11:16am
Welcome SnapperK .
I like travel photography and Macro as well.
I am also fairly new to the forum and enjoying it immensely . I suggest you post some photo's for the helpful comment and feedback you will get.(Make use of the Beginner's CC forum while you can. )
Get involved and enter the competitions (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/apcompetition.php) , and try the members challenge each week . These all give you a way to keep motivated and focus your learning.
Their is a wealth of experience and information here on the site.

Mark L
05-03-2014, 9:09pm
Good on you for getting a photo up.
When is the young one going to join in?

Roddy3030
05-03-2014, 11:44pm
Welcome to AP. We are all willing to learn here. Cheers.