PDA

View Full Version : Hello,

Aidan
01-03-2014, 8:00am
Greetings,
I am excited to be joiningyour photographic resource. I am retired from a career as a child-family psychologist and am in my seventies. A whole new world seemsto be developing, on many fronts, in our fast paced world. I lasttook a serious photograph in 1991 following purchasing a new MinoltaX-700 with a couple of lenses in 1987. Upon reflection, thetransformation from film to digital caused some ambivalence for me,as I struggled with the “new” technology. As I recently renewedmy interest in photography, I was amazed at the pace of change withinthe industry. After researching the “new” technology of digitalphotography including all the post process software to manipulate theimage, I decided to purchase a flatbed scanner and digitize many ofmy old slides and use my old X700 to pursue the pleasures andexcitement of taking photos. My intention is to develop my own filmand scan the images into digikam and use it, Lightroom, and Gimp toenhance any untidiness of my capturing the image.
My interests inphotography are landscapes, seascapes, skyscapes, nature, macro, andabstract. Both my wife and I enjoy sailing and gardening which offerslots of opportunities to capture interesting photos. I'm interestedin learning newer techniques and remain curious about the new stuffand if I'll join the masses buy buying a digital camera-but that's awhile up the read. I look forward to your wisdom and learning“how to see better”.
Enjoy the day,
Aidan

ricktas
01-03-2014, 8:06am
Welcome Aidan,

See you and your photos on the forums soon

Mary Anne
01-03-2014, 8:34am
Hello Aidan and Welcome to AP.. Its it great to be retired and have that time to get out there and take photos, if the body allows it :D
Sounds like you have a plan though when you start looking at some of the images here you never know you may change your mind about digital cameras.
Will look forward to seeing many of those scans on the forums then :2smile:

Mark L
01-03-2014, 9:58pm
G'day Aidan.
Always good to get some photos and opinion from somewhere other than this big island.
Hope you get involved here one way or another. 'tis what makes forums work.:th3:
:)

Kym
03-03-2014, 5:20pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!