PDA

View Full Version : 1dx deceased

sande
27-02-2014, 10:23am
Hi All,
My 1dx decided to die last weekend with “remove and replace battery gets it working for a short time” fault. Dropping it in to Canon tomorrow for repair, anyone had the repair done so I can get some idea of $ amount?

Mark L
27-02-2014, 9:38pm
Got no idea, though I know it's free to get more involved here on AP Kylie.;)
'tis what makes forums work.:)

ricktas
27-02-2014, 9:54pm
Wait for their quote. The cause could be a range of things so anyone providing a figure here is just guessing. And as Mark said, how about joining in here on the site a bit more.

Bercy
04-03-2014, 2:55pm
Last time had a Camera repair by Canon here in Adelaide they were very good. Phone contact with time lines for repairs - OK it was a DV camera - but I did think they were very professional. I can't remember if it was warranty work but either way they were very reasonable. Need the quote as Rick said!

Roosta
06-03-2014, 4:08pm
Any news yet? Flat battery maybe. LOL

Tannin
07-03-2014, 9:50pm
I thought you wrote "decreased". Oh good, I thought, Canon have dropped the price.

Woops.

bricat
18-03-2014, 6:28am
Hello???????????????????????/

sande
25-03-2014, 7:16pm
Hey All,

Just an update and for future reference for other 1Dx owners.

Was shooting on the Friday when after a couple of hours the camera went dead. First thought was flat battery, even though I was sure I’d charged it the night before.
Changed to the spare battery and all OK for a short period till it died again.

Switched to the spare body and left the 1DX aside till I had a chance to have a good look the next day. Inserted battery and all came up OK and continued to work flawlessly for half the day till again dead as a dodo. Repeatedly removing and inserting the battery would bring short periods of life back to things but eventually it was lifeless.

Battery check status would show all green when the body was working.

Found a good example of the problem on vimeo;
http://vimeo.com/76656998

This is the second unit that I have heard fail with this problem and a quick google finds more examples?

Fix is the FP PCB ASSY part number CG2-3143-000 at a cost of $634.47 (parts n labour).

i know these things happen but have to say not exactly happy as this seems not to be an isolated incident.

bricat
28-03-2014, 7:00am
Thanks for the info and links. It certainly helps to have this info. cheers Brian

Mark L
31-03-2014, 10:23pm
Fix is the FP PCB ASSY part number CG2-3143-000 at a cost of $634.47 (parts n labour).

So shouldn't Canon be fixing this for free, if it's a known problem?
If your camera is less than two years old, I'd try harassing them to fix it for $0.00.:confused013