PDA

View Full Version : Projector

Glenda
09-02-2014, 8:56pm
Our camera club wants to invest in a better projector than is currently available in the room we use. Does anyone have any recommendations as to good brands.

Babu
10-02-2014, 12:57am
There are many good brands of projectors constantly trying to outdo each other with technology advances.

First, I'd consider how much your club is able to throw at this upgrade because, if they can't justify spending $25999, then a standout projector like the Sony VPL-VW 600 ES Native 4K is out of reach.
Good performers in the $3000-$5000 range you could consider are the JVC X35 or the very new Epson Pro Cinema 6030 UB.

I'm sure there are others that would take you forward in terms of brightness, quality of blacks, noise/ artefacts control... over your current machine.

Check that whatever you are considering suits the screen size and optimal projection distance for your room.
What predominantly is being projected...stills...videos...?

Glenda
10-02-2014, 7:26am
It's to project still images Babu. The current one is obviously fine for lectures/seminars etc but not for photographs. The dark shadows come out as pure black with all detail lost and lighter areas appear to be blown, although usually neither is the case in the original photo. $25999 is definitely out of our price range:(.

Spearo
10-02-2014, 3:50pm
Hi Lplates
I'd contact http://www.projectisle.com.au on National Sales Line 1300 88 11 79
I bought my home cinema projector from them several years ago and they were really helpful and, at the time, arranged the best deal around. Hope the reference to a dealer is ok Rick?
hope it helps
frank

Glenda
11-02-2014, 7:26am
Thanks Frank - will do so.