PDA

View Full Version : Hi from rural WA

nicoleh
02-02-2014, 3:00pm
Hi Everyone,
I came looking for advice on further education and think this is probably a good place to start. I'll continue setting up, but thought I'd pop my head up to say hi in the meantime.
Cheers
Nicole

- - - Updated - - -

Is this better?

Mary Anne
02-02-2014, 3:13pm
Hello Nicole and Welcome to AP.. This is a good place to learn more about Photography have a look at whats on this :url: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)
Will look forward to seeing what you post on the Forums for cc when you work things out :2smile:

ameerat42
02-02-2014, 3:17pm
Hi Nicole. Welcome to AP.
Since it is "further education" you're wondering about, ask in the appropriate forum (F-stop), but meanwhile, don't go past AP
itself. The best way to get a lot from AP is to interact. There are also lots of helpful info resources here. For a start, look in the Library section.
Click on the Library tab at the top of the page and have a look. Go through the New To Photography section too.
Cheers, Am.

bigfut
02-02-2014, 4:21pm
welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Enjoy

ricktas
02-02-2014, 4:56pm
Welcome. Pull up a chair and learn right here. Lots of information already on the site, and you can also ask, get critique, give some critique and learn, all for free.

If you are going to look at a course. seek out the Diploma of photoimaging, from a registered training organisation. At least if you do one of those the certificate is government accredited. Many courses offering diplomas are not from RTO's and thus not worth the paper they are printed on. Anyone can setup a course, print a 'diploma' to issue to their students and make money offering their course, but there the Diploma of photoimaging from an RTO is the only one that adheres to government educational standards.

bcys1961
02-02-2014, 7:49pm
Welcome Nicoleh.
I recently upgraded my equipment and am also a newbie to the forum and enjoying it immensely . Post some photo's , enter the comps and try the members challenge each week . These all give you a focus.

rwg717
02-02-2014, 9:19pm
Cheers Nicole and a warm welcome to AP....enjoy:tog:
Richard

Mark L
02-02-2014, 10:05pm
I came looking for advice

- - - Updated - - -

Is this better?

Seems to be.:D
Welcome again.

Kym
03-02-2014, 8:47am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!