PDA

View Full Version : Canon 70D automated 4sec exposure timed? Is it possible?

Bazza Bushman
30-01-2014, 9:17pm
G'Day Ladies and Gents

I am trying to get the 70d to take 4 sec exposure on a timer or be able to turn it on and off

im trying to take photos of of fireworks as I'm doing the show I can't sit/stand manually and take the photos,

The camera is in the center of the area with me to show a different perspective of the shows.

not sure,maybe there is a program I can get to do it but not really wanting to have to much equipment in the middle

Bazza

:clogo:

paulheath
30-01-2014, 9:36pm
i suppose you could get yourself a Timer release shutter cable , all you need to do is enter exposure time and away you go, if you keep it locked on you will continuously shoot for 4 sec exposures, flea bay has plenty ranging from $20-$50

ricktas
30-01-2014, 9:39pm
Yep. set the shutter speed to 4 seconds and get yourself a wireless remote.

Bazza Bushman
30-01-2014, 9:49pm
Thanks Paul I will give it a shot I'm doing a show in the next few weeks and see how it goes.

Bazza

Mark L
03-02-2014, 10:43pm
The camera is in the center of the area with me to show a different perspective of the shows.

Would like to see some of that if the photos work. :th3:
And if they don't, post a couple anyway. Some here may have suggestions for next time.

arthurking83
04-02-2014, 11:04pm
I'm pretty sure the 70D has both built in wireless and even an intervalometer.

Built in wireless needs no explaining .. smart phone-> app->remotely control the camera! :th3:

if you don't have a smart phone, if it does have an intervalometer, you can set it up to take images in a timed manner. This could be only one image, or a series of images every x seconds or so.

I don't know much about Canon, but I'm sure I saw these features in the specs sometime ago.

Bazza Bushman
05-02-2014, 6:48pm
I will have a go this weekend all will depend on the weather, if it is called a TFB depending on the winds we may not be able to set up.
I will put the pictures up if we go ahead

Bazza

arthurking83
05-02-2014, 7:57pm
Have you got either the wireless app or intervalometer(if the feature is available) working yet.

Make sure you are fluent with them.

One thing to note about the wireless app/connection. I doubt it will will work at more than about say 10m or so .. if that.

This is where a proper wireless remote may come in handy.

GoldZilla
07-02-2014, 5:27am
If there's no built-in intervalometer, you can download and install Magic Lantern onto an SD card and it has the intervalometer and a whole bunch of other handy features too.

Bazza Bushman
23-03-2014, 10:21pm
Well guys thanks for the advise I had a crack sat night, I have to play some more, might have to wait spring to be doing more shows.
i got to resize the photos and I put them up

Mark L
23-03-2014, 11:56pm
i got to resize the photos and I put them up

Yeah do that. You'll get some help for maybe how to do it better (or not) in spring.
Ask if you having trouble resizing.:th3: