PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne

Reflex
28-01-2014, 5:23pm
Hello everyone :)

I just signed on to what looks like the place I need to be "as a beginner".

I work as a Graphic Artist and indulge myself into oil painting and drawing, but have been turning myself further and further towards Photography over the past few months.
I recently purchased a Nikon D7100 plus a Nikkor Micro 105mm f2.8 lens to play with at the present time (I should say: "to learn on")

I hate this summer heat, and can't wait for some nice Autumn weather. :food04:

bcys1961
28-01-2014, 9:59pm
Hi Reflex ,
I'm also a new member and am finding the forum great . I suggest you start posting a few pics for constructive critique (CC) and you will find everyone very helpful . Enter the weekly comp's as well , and try the weekly challenge . These are all good ways to focus your efforts and motivate you each week .

arthurking83
28-01-2014, 10:42pm
G'day neighbor.

Good to see someone with exceptional residential taste :p

Nice gear you have there too.
Looking forward to seeing some of your images soon too.

Kym
29-01-2014, 8:38am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
29-01-2014, 9:50am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Reflex
29-01-2014, 4:31pm
Thanks guys.
I am very busy through the day, so please be patient concerning some photo's from me.
It won't happen yet, but it will happen :flowersnap: Maybe a flower or two for starters?
You can even call me a sissy if I place a shot of a flower on board.... call me what you like for that matter.
I will get something up soon for you to nitpick and rip apart..... just be gentle :D

Mary Anne
30-01-2014, 9:29am
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Nothing sissy about taking flower images we all shoot different Genres and Flowers is one of mine also.
Seeing you are shooting with a Macro lens looks I will be seeing you on the Forums I frequent..

Reflex
30-01-2014, 2:49pm
Just joking about the sissy comment, Mary Anne ;). Thanks for the Welcome along with everyone else.

Flowers, trees, rocks, mountains and whatever Nature has to offer is most incredible in every possible way.

Cheers!