PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in Russia...

jev
17-01-2014, 4:26am
Some great photography here: http://www.boredpanda.com/animal-children-photography-elena-shumilova/

I am not usually a big fan of children's images, but the use of light and space makes this worthwhile to me. Well done Mrs. Shumilova!

ricktas
17-01-2014, 7:32am
Her work is simply Stunning!!!! Loved every single one of them. Now watch all the 'Pro' photographers try and copy her style and make it the next 'thing'.

I could look at her photography all day!

Thanks for the find and sharing with us Joost.

Ionica
17-01-2014, 9:09am
Beautiful. Thanks for the link.

cale
17-01-2014, 9:22am
Her images are stunning. Thanks for the link. :)

old dog
17-01-2014, 9:47am
thanks for the link. Fantastic pics...all of them.

Niki
17-01-2014, 10:59am
Wow, these are spectacular! It's almost enough for me to want to take photos in the snow....

Mark L
18-01-2014, 10:58pm
"Shumilova told us her passion for photography manifested in early 2012 when she got her first camera.":eek:
Amazing.

arthurking83
19-01-2014, 12:22am
Sorry I have to go against the grain here.

Great images, but her overuse of PS lets them down a bit for me.

The use of gaussian blur is a bit too obvious and in many instances technically doesn't make sense if it's used to portray a shallow DOF.

And the images of very young toddlers in snow storms!!! ... seriously.
Firstly they look way too over processed(some snow storm filter in CS??) and secondly, it depicts more of a uncaring parent(having a young kid out in a snow storm) rather than a moody emotional viewing experience.

She may as well have layered the images of the kids onto images of a snowballs ... at least something like that is obviously fantasy, and not pretending to be pseudo reality.

Nice images for sure, but to call these 'photographs' .... :confused:

swifty
19-01-2014, 1:02am
For my taste I think her processing's not overdone.
Yea, I really like these. Thanks for the link.

Boo53
19-01-2014, 1:36am
I must admit I did think the cold settings weren't great for the kids, not so much the snowy scenes, it Russia after all, but the scantilly clad adjacent to obviously cold water seemed risky, but then she was close enough to react I guess.

Some of the shots did seem over processed but by and large I think they were pretty good.

I note they said she got her first camera in 2012, and more recently got the DSLR, pretty impressive if that's true

nimrodisease
19-01-2014, 12:15pm
Yeah, I saw this the other day and was very impressed also. Some are better than others, but the ones of the kid with the dog are awesome.