PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a cork without a corkscrew

ricktas
13-01-2014, 8:09pm
Just what we all need to know. About as far off-topic as we could get on a photography forum, but I thought this was clever and worth sharing

http://youtu.be/u1wROm-OF9w

danny
13-01-2014, 9:12pm
Great, I have just found the coolest trick in the world only to find that I can't afford to drink wine that is still sold with a cork :confused013

Seriously…. thanks for sharing that is cool!!!

danny

Mark L
13-01-2014, 10:00pm
Has anyone noticed that when people open a corked bottle, the cork stays out of the bottle.
With the twist top caps, people seem to put the cap back on the bottle after the wine is opened?
:confused013

I @ M
14-01-2014, 6:02am
Great, I have just found the coolest trick in the world only to find that I can't afford to drink wine that is still sold with a cork :confused013

Seriously…. thanks for sharing that is cool!!!

danny

Yeah me too Danny, by the time I bought the wine I found that I didn't have enough money to buy the corkscrew. Ah well, back to Chateau Cardborde. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone noticed that when people open a corked bottle, the cork stays out of the bottle.
With the twist top caps, people seem to put the cap back on the bottle after the wine is opened?
:confused013

Mark, one must realise that us cultured people replace the lid on the bottle to keep the blowies out of it at the barby ----

arthurking83
14-01-2014, 8:58am
I was looking forward to using some U-bute cool, clean, safe and efficient technique to open the next bottle in my father's collection.
Somehow tho I have a feeling that the technique doesn't lend itself well to bottles of '73 Grange and '81 Coonawarra cab savs and the like.

.. I think we'll just stick to tried and tested method of filtering out the small cork fragments during decanting!

ameerat42
14-01-2014, 9:19am
Too bad if you're a Barefoot Boy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrp_UBkrFw):(
There'll be no wine for you.

However, the roo's got the right idea. You can drink beer instead.

merlin1
14-01-2014, 11:24am
unreal, even if you dont drink. Must show my wife.

Ross

Mark L
14-01-2014, 10:37pm
Mark, one must realise that us cultured people replace the lid on the bottle to keep the blowies out of it at the barby ----
We BBQ the flies and put them in the salad.
Most learn about this cultured thing.:D