PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a newbie.

BobK
26-12-2013, 7:19am
Hi folks. Just for introduction sake, I am in the USA. I am not a newcomer to cameras, but I am to serious DSLR photography. I purchased my first DSLR in 2010 and finally took an adult ed class this fall. I just purchased a new bag for it (Lowepro Nova 190 AW) and love it. I am figuring out how I can configure it. At present all I have is a Nikon 5000 with the standard 18-55 and an additional 55-200--both with hoods. Do not have a flash yet, but that will probably be my next addition. Of course I also have standard extra battery, charger with cord, wireless shutter release and 1 extra memory card.

Just wanted to introduce myself and if anybody has some configuration ideas, I am open to read them. Also if/when I post some photos on here, it is for the purpose of getting feedback on them. Please be honest (I have tough skin and I know just how much I don't know) and tell me the good/bad/ugly of my photos as well as suggestions for improving them. I do realize that 'improve' in the world of photography can be somewhat, but not totally, subjective.

Hope I have properly introduced myself (oh, I am a 67 yr old male).

Thank you and I hope I enjoy my journey.

BobK

ricktas
26-12-2013, 8:05am
Welcome to AP Bob. Enjoy the site. Have a good Christmas also.

ameerat42
26-12-2013, 8:30am
:gday: Bob. Welcome to AP. You'll get plenty of good feedback and CC on your photos here on AP.
And you don't need much of a thick skin, either :D
Am.

Mary Anne
26-12-2013, 9:41am
Hello Bob :action66: and Welcome to AP , yes we are gentle but honest here on cc :D
Post away and I will look forward to seeing what gets on the Forums, and that's a great age..

BobK
26-12-2013, 10:35am
Thanks!

Mark L
27-12-2013, 12:32am
G'day also Bob.
It's a little quiet at this time of year, not sure why:), however don't be afraid to ask questions and generally get involved.
Not everyone reads these intros, so you may get some responses to how to configure you camera if post post here ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?17-Nikon
See you around AP, hopefully.

Kym
27-12-2013, 9:16am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
27-12-2013, 10:21pm
Cheers bobk and welcome to AP:)
Richard