PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

agronaught
18-12-2013, 7:07pm
Hi all,

I've been a basic/beginner photographer for a while now, but had essentially taken a hiatus while in small child mode where things like hobbies are neglected for a few years. I'm now coming out of the lack-of-sleep haze and have finally retired the old 'D40' for a nice though somewhat larger D7000. I've usually only taken family snaps with the occasional landscape and attempted macro, and I'm looking to develop my skills in a number of areas and certainly need to work on technique, knowledge, and of course artistry. I've taken a number of photo's I'm happy with, but nothing that I would say is an exceptional photo.

My current kit is basic, but capable:

Nikon D7000
18-35mm kit lens
55-200mm VR kit lens
Tamron SP AF90mm F/2.8 Di Macro (new acquisition)
35mm f1.8 prime.
Nikon speedlight

I'm looking to see what I can do with this kit before parting with any more of the moula, although a filter or two may be useful.

I'm looking forward to finally learning more about this hobby ;)

ricktas
18-12-2013, 7:26pm
Welcome. Join in. Show us some of your photos in the CC forums.

Mark L
18-12-2013, 10:40pm
Welcome aboard.
You've found a good place to help you on your way. some helpful people here.
Don't be afraid to post some photos, ask some questions and generally get involved.
'tis how we all learn in forumworld!!

Oh, see if this gives you a reason to take some photos you wouldn't have otherwise ....... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?127521-The-2014-Members-Challenge-Weekly-Themes
You'll learn and have a little fun along the way.:th3:

Mary Anne
18-12-2013, 10:42pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. And congrats on the new camera it wont take you long to get off the beginner mode here.
Post some images on the Forums for cc thats the best way to learn and fast forward yourself to being an Intermediate shooter.

Kym
19-12-2013, 10:58pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
20-12-2013, 7:15am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums