PDA

View Full Version : 7 Phases of photography I wish I didn't have to go through

Dylan & Marianne
18-12-2013, 1:45pm
Hey all , just thought I'd share a light hearted blog post about some photographic issues which might ring true for some :)
Please don't take it seriously, I was more taking the piss out of myself rather than anything else!

http://everlookphotography.wordpress.com/2013/12/13/7-photographic-phases-i-wish-i-didnt-have-to-go-through/

Kym
18-12-2013, 5:10pm
Excellent!! Love the HDR comments

paulheath
18-12-2013, 5:45pm
lol made my day

Dylan & Marianne
18-12-2013, 10:36pm
thanks guys :P there actually is a lot of truth (though exaggerated ) in those bold sentences of my mindset at given points in time!

GerryK
18-12-2013, 11:24pm
yep. made my day. some days life is just tooooo serious

fess67
19-12-2013, 1:30am
Well that was a lot to read through and it did not apply to me because I know what I am doing.

[serious note] top marks. everything you highlight here is relevant to me - both in my journey so far and in my current efforts. I just recently did an amazing 7 shot HDR hammered through Photomatix and man it looks good!!! <until next year when I step back and forget I was the one that took it :p>

I need to slow down and think what I am doing rather than snap away like mad and hope for results (which do happen often and just help my family and friends to reinforce the misguided opinion that I can take good shots).

Thanks for this post, I think one of the best I can imagine and a must read for all.

[point of order] I know you are good but taking pictures in the future?? Buck Rogers you aint :D <quote> was able to edit this 2009 shot of Breidavik in 20012 which made it much more impactful and has since become one of our best known images </quote> :lol:

Dylan & Marianne
19-12-2013, 9:27am
hahah fess thanks for pointing that out my eyes must miss the 0 all the time because I had to read your post a couple of times before realising the reference to buck rogers meant something was wrong with the date !

Sdison
02-01-2014, 12:00pm
I'm glad that I'm too lazy to do HDRs... I can imagine myself blowing them all out completely and thinking they look awesome.

Zandri
05-01-2014, 5:58pm
A very enjoyable read :)
As with everything it's a continual learning process, and very interesting reading about your progression.

Lance B
05-01-2014, 6:48pm
I wish I had read this first! :D

mongo
06-01-2014, 8:46am
Mongo enjoyed the read and the visuals.

[serious note] - Mongo has been spruiking the virtues of the Benro products for years (even on AP) and of course, has some of these products. Excellent gear - excellent value. Glad you agree and hope others catch on to your message too.

Dylan & Marianne
06-01-2014, 1:53pm
thanks guys! yep mongo, a year on an the tripod continues to withstand weekly abuse!

TimCz
13-01-2014, 1:23am
Great read Dylan. Entertaining too!

Always been a fan of your work as well... would love to get to some of the places that you guys have been!

Glenda
13-01-2014, 10:32am
Excellent read and gives me hope. Alas quite often I find myself repeating my mistakes rather than learning from them.