PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Wave
29-11-2013, 6:11pm
Hello everyone. My name is Shane "Wave" and I am seventeen years old. Just starting out taking photos and really thinking and taking my time with each one. I am currently only taking photos with my iPhone 4, no hate please, as I am not sure if I really want to get into photography but I really enjoy it already. I have been taking alot of photos over the past months and I am really enjoying just taking photos when something catches my eye. Living on the Central Coast of Australia brings alot of beach and wildlife opportunities for photos which is great. I hope I enjoy the site and stick around for a long time.

Here is one I took a few weeks ago at The Watagans National Park.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this

ricktas
29-11-2013, 6:44pm
Welcome to AP. Enjoy the site, your photography and join right in

Mark L
29-11-2013, 8:42pm
G'day Shane.
Just as well I've got a camera, because I don't have any sort of mobile phone.:eek::)
Plenty to learn here. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
If you enjoy taking photos then you're a photographer. Christmas is coming and there are some good, reasonable cheap cameras out there.

Kym
29-11-2013, 8:46pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
29-11-2013, 11:38pm
Hello Shane and Welcome to AP.
We all have to start somewhere so keep at it and it wont be long and you will be hooked and want a better camera.
Join in and start by posting some images on the Forum that a great way to learn.

MattNQ
30-11-2013, 4:51am
Welcome Shane,
The above image shows you are already giving your shots some thought. The most important bit of your photography kit is you.
Don't worry about the phone thing. Most new phones have better low light performance than my aging DSLR. :lol2:

If you want to have a creative dabble before committing to a camera, there are a pile of iphone lens attachments online for fairly small $$ - wide angle's, teles, even polarisers etc that you can have some fun experimenting with first.
Here's one of many places you can get them.

http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/cell-phone-lenses/

Wayne63
30-11-2013, 5:54am
Welcome to AP Shane, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

dcurry
30-11-2013, 6:49am
G'day Shane,

This is a great place to get advice, see how others do it, and if you're like me, enjoy it.

Dave