PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

glaucus75
26-11-2013, 4:30pm
Hi All,

Like many others this is my first photography site i have ever joined! I look forward to learning as much as i can from people a lot more educated than me to hopefully help my photography take that next step..

I firstly fell in love with underwater photography whilst working on the Great Barrier Reef. I started with an Olympus c5060, then an Olympus c7070(x2) which were great to start off with as i learnt some valuable and also costly lessons.

Having finished working underwater for a living i have now bought myself an DSLR and lenses and i am now trying a completely different style of photography to a certain extent.

I have a Nikon D600, with Nikon 70-200mm, a 16-35mm and a 50mm prime and speed light and a couple of Einstein flash units with an octabox and soft silver plm with of courses dreams of more. I also have bought a Lee Filter system with a load of filters. I now just need more time to use it all..:D I have a fair idea what i am doing but as far as i am concerned i will always be a beginner when it comes to photography....
Cheers

Mary Anne
26-11-2013, 5:17pm
Hello and Welcome to AP, how wonderful to be able to shoot underwater, I will look forward to seeing those photos on the Forums.
You have some great new gear and you should catch on quickly seeing you have been shooting with other cameras for years.
Stay with us seeing you have a fair idea of what you are doing, and you wont be a Beginner for long..

Kym
26-11-2013, 6:45pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
26-11-2013, 6:56pm
Welcome to AP. See you and your photos on the forums soon

Mark L
26-11-2013, 10:20pm
Welcome to a good place.
Takes a little time to get used to things here, though by next week you'll have figured AP out and, well, hopefully you'll get involved here.:th3:

Wayne63
27-11-2013, 5:48am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

bricat
28-11-2013, 6:38am
Welcome. There are many parts of photography so we are all "newbies" when we step outside our comfort zone. cheers Brian