PDA

View Full Version : Hello

grache
17-11-2013, 1:07pm
Hi everyone. Glad to have found and joined this site. I am a 60 year old guy from WA. Santa is bringing me a Canon D7 and lens package so I want to learn how to get the best from it. My experience to date is with the point and shoot compact cameras so I am starting from a low base.

Thanks for for the welcome and I look forward to being a part of your community.

Mary Anne
17-11-2013, 2:31pm
Hello and Welcome to AP.. 7D is a great camera, especially for Wildlife, I am waiting for its successor late next year they say.
What is the lens you are getting in the kit, because if you are shooting a certain Genre you may be better off buying the body and a lens to suit.
Yes a lot to learn coming from a P&S I know that feeling.. Have a read on this :url: (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) its a great place to start and when you need help with anything just ask on the Forums.

Kym
17-11-2013, 4:53pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
17-11-2013, 5:40pm
Welcome to AP. See you on the forums.. How many days till Christmas? Who said it was just the kids who get excited waiting for Santa to come ...hehe :D

grache
17-11-2013, 6:47pm
Hi Mary Ann

My family aka Santa tell me I am getting a combo package and the lenses will be:

Canon EF 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens

Thanks for the link and welcome although I probably won't get to do much until I get my hands on the gear. Looking forward to it very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to getting the gear and having fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks ricktas.

Blueywa
17-11-2013, 8:19pm
Owning a camera gives you a great reason for getting out of the house.
Your location should provide plenty of variety for practice, especially around the marina.
If you see that one legged sea gull out there get me a photo. ;)

Wayne63
17-11-2013, 9:48pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

grache
18-11-2013, 11:32am
Thanks Bluewa

Yes the Marina is close enough to walk to.

- - - Updated - - -

Thans for the welcome Wayne.