PDA

View Full Version : Intro To Me!

Hayden Munro
14-11-2013, 7:06pm
Hey everyone,

Im a young photographer and live in Nsw, i have recently purchased a :nlogo: d5100.... I am getting it for my birthday so i have to wait a few weeks still but can't wait to get it, i enjoy taking photos pets,landscapes,night photography,nature and pretty much everything! I use to use a Pentax k10d! which i am quite ashamed to own.

Right a quick question,

I own a old Inca AT330A tripod and i need a new plate for it but have not a clue what measurements it is or where to buy it any help would be great. Or would it just be easier to buy a new one?

ricktas
14-11-2013, 7:11pm
Welcome

Go to a camera store and seek out a manfrotto as a replacement tripod. Pay a few $hundred and get one. It should last a lifetime. So buy well the first time.

Hayden Munro
14-11-2013, 7:24pm
ok thanks, any suggestions on model, what type do you have?

ricktas
14-11-2013, 7:51pm
The model depends on how tall you are etc. You need to get one that when extended lets you stand comfortably without having to bend down etc to use it. I use a 190xProB, but that may not suit you.

Kym
14-11-2013, 7:57pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Hayden Munro
14-11-2013, 8:39pm
ok will do

Mary Anne
14-11-2013, 10:20pm
Hello and Welcome to AP..

Mark L
14-11-2013, 11:09pm
G'day and welcome to AP Hayden.
Don't be afraid to post photos, ask questions, make comments of others photos (really like that, how did you do it?) and generally get involved here. It helps you, me and others learn. 'tis also what makes forums work.;)
Not a lot of members read these intro threads, so maybe you'd get more info on your tripod plate question if you start a thread here ... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?32-Camera-Lens-Gear-Talk

I use to use a Pentax k10d! which i am quite ashamed to own.:lol:
And then you bought a Nikon?:D

Wayne63
15-11-2013, 5:51am
Welcome to AP Hayden, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Hayden Munro
15-11-2013, 4:08pm
Hey Mark! I live in Mudgee too, Im guessing you spoke to someone at Hsc exam???

And what are trying to say about Nikons?

- - - Updated - - -

geoffsta
15-11-2013, 6:26pm
Welcome Hayden.... Yeh Mark! What are you saying about Nikons.. :eek:
Hayden.. As Rick says, tripods are height dependant. But personally I'd get the tallest one possible. You can always shorten the legs if needs be.
You should do well with the 5100, great camera by all reports.

Hayden Munro
15-11-2013, 7:20pm
ok, have definitely come to the conclusion of buying really good tripod and have a few in mind now that you can easily adjust the height of the middle shaft and the legs, what do you guys think on this one Giottos MTL9361B + MH1311-652 head and it should definitely last a while and i won't have to worry about my camera falling off or a bit of wind knocking it over lol. And yes very excited about the camera big step up from my last camera.

Mark L
15-11-2013, 8:06pm
Hey Mark! I live in Mudgee too, Im guessing you spoke to someone at Hsc exam???

Yep, that's me,
with the sore knee,
that someone met
at the H.S.C..
:)

Anyway, if ever you want to get together, PM me through this site or e-mail me via the address your mum has.
Bring her over for a cuppa and you can try and get some photos of our pet bird ..... http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?119151-First-Swansea-photos

If

Hayden Munro
15-11-2013, 8:32pm
ok sounds good will keep that in mind!

dmaynard000
15-11-2013, 9:47pm
Hey Hayden. Welcome. Must be killing ya waiting for the D5100. Have had a look at the reviews and I liked it.

I highly recommend upgrading tripod to a Manfroto 190xProB. I got this model last year and love it. I got the ball head which I really really like - very flexible and quick for shifts in camera positions etc. Didn't realise how stupid the stupid panning handle is - for stills anyway.

I started using an SLR at age 17 and it became a friend for life. Enjoy.