PDA

View Full Version : New 5DmkIII with a $200 cash back

waylib
05-11-2013, 7:24pm
A few days ago I upgraded from my trusty 60D to the 5DmkIII along with a Sigma 24-70 F2.8 and Sigma 70-200 F2.8. It was purchased from a local store at a price that was only slightly above the online retailers. As I was finalising things I was told that Canon were offering a $200 cash back on selected camera kits or bodies and the 5 D was one of them. Needless to say I am even happier now as I have a camera that will have cost me less than online and has the 2 year Canon Warranty.

Cheers
Wayne

bricat
06-11-2013, 10:27am
Enjoy your new body. It is good to see some cash back offers and as you say it makes it more competitive with other retailers. Was it a chain store you purchased from? cheers Brian

waylib
06-11-2013, 11:52am
No not from a chain store but a large camera retailer. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names on here but the service was fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ROA44
06-11-2013, 12:17pm
Well done.

I am also looking at some new gear and at this point will probably go through a local dealer, as over a period of time he has patiently discussed options on different Items without trying to up sell anything but trying to show viable and balanced options and as a result of his service, I believe he deserves the sales, just good service. plus if I do have any problems it's not that far away.

I'm also considering the Sigma 24-70 so will be interested to see some photos.

Kym
06-11-2013, 12:29pm
No not from a chain store but a large camera retailer. Not sure if I am allowed to mention names on here but the service was fantastic.

Not until 30 days and 50 posts :D

waylib
06-11-2013, 7:40pm
Not until 30 days and 50 posts :D

Thanks Kym... Only 7 more posts to go then:)

ricktas
07-11-2013, 7:14am
Thanks Kym... Only 7 more posts to go then:)

based on joining in 2009 and your 44 posts now, you might reach it by the middle of 2014. :)

waylib
07-11-2013, 9:24am
Haha thanks Ricktas. The last few years have been hectic with not much time to get out and take photos let alone spend time on a forum but thank goodness things have now changed over the last few months and I should now be able to contribute more to the forum which I am really looking forward to.

Cheers
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Bennymiata
07-11-2013, 12:59pm
I was waiting with baited breath for the 5D3 to come out, and was itching to buy one as soon as they were released.
I decided that as the camera was so new, that it "might" have some teething problems, so I decided to buy locally.

I looked around at the prices being offered, and about the cheapest price I could find for the body was just under the $4K mark.
Then I saw an ad for Myer, where they said that they were having a 20% off sale on all cameras and accessories, so I went to my local Myer, and sure enough, they didn't have a 5D3 in stock, but could order one in for me and still get the 20% off.
So I ordered it and a week later it came in.
I ended up paying around $3,200 for it, and even got a free $75 gift card.

I know that many of you would not even consider buying a camera from a department store, but if you keep your eyes open, you can be very pleasantly surprised, as I was.