PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Another new person

Alkhe
23-10-2013, 10:48am
Hi, my name is Allie and I'm new to both the forum and photography. I did some photography in high school and loved spending time in the dark room (and the smell of all the developing fluids.. !) but haven't really done any photography since. I took an ixus point and shoot on some of my overseas trips and have some nice shots from southern Africa that I'm quite proud of, but they're nothing special in the scheme of things.

I just bought a Nikon 5100 which I'm forcing myself to only use on the manual setting, and I spent a few hours last night remembering what aperture, shutter speed and ISO are. By the end of the night I had a couple of photos that I like of one of my dogs, and had moved up from taking totally overexposed and/or blurry monstrosities.

By day I am a legal clerk (soon to be solicitor) and I'm also involved in dog rescue, and spend an inordinate amount of time hanging out with, talking about and thinking about dogs. My husband and I foster for a rescue group in Melbourne, and have two dogs of our own. I may not be able to contribute anything photography related to this forum, but I can do dogs! :D

This is Maggie:

Mary Anne
23-10-2013, 1:59pm
Hello Allie :action66: and Welcome to AP and What a wonderful job you are doing for the Dogs :wd: I love dogs.
It wont take you long to pick up how to take decent photos, just ask if you are having problems.
So Post some photos on the Forums and we will be able to give you plenty of cc and Help all we can :2smile:

Kym
23-10-2013, 2:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
24-10-2013, 9:38am
Welcome to AP Allie, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums