PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 1 lenses

freelancer
20-10-2013, 11:10pm
Its been a few years since Ive owned a Nikon but am thinking of getting a Nikon 1 aw 1. Im finding my underwater housings to big so this little interchangeable lens compact looks ideal for the shallow dives but was unsure what what other lens would fit apart from the underwater ones, it say's Nikon 1 lenses. Are these the same as the slr lenses ?
cheers Jon

I @ M
21-10-2013, 9:59am
Are these the same as the slr lenses ?

No, they are not the same lens or mount but F mount lenses are able to be used via the dedicated adapter (http://www.nikon.com.au/en_AU/product/accessories/nikon-1/adapters/mount-adapter-ft1).

Of course though any other than the 2 presently available waterproof lenses to suit the 1 AW1 cannot be used under water.

fillum
21-10-2013, 10:06am
Nikon 1 lenses are considerably smaller than their SLR counterparts. The mount diameter for the Nikon 1 lenses is smaller, as is the flange-to-focal-plane ('register' ?) distance.

There is a Nikon adapter available (~$250 from memory) that allows you to attach standard Nikkor lenses. You'll need to use AF-S lenses to get auto-focus. There are plenty of third-party "dumb" adapters of varying price, and no doubt varying quality, but I haven't seen any third-party adapters with electronic connections to the lens. Crop-factor is 2.7 so a 70-200mm gives a FOV approximately equivalent to 190-540mm. Obviously restricted to 'above-water' use only here :).

Cheers.

arthurking83
21-10-2013, 11:08pm
As already said, many different types of lenses can fit the 1 Series, and the (native)lens designation always begins with a '1 Nikkor'.

So the lens model number will be 1 Nikkor blah blah mm f/etc etc

HERE (http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/acil/lenses/index.htm) is the Nikon 1 lens page.

freelancer
22-10-2013, 2:39pm
Thanks everyone, I think the camera is still to new to find any image reviews. Theres plenty of reviews on the camera but still nothing about image or video quality.
Cheers Jon

swifty
22-10-2013, 6:45pm
Hi Jon. the AW1's basically a J3 in water/shock proof guise.
They share the same sensor specs for stills and video. Incidentally the V2 also has the same sensor but the the video specs differ very slightly on the V2 so the image and video qualities are largely already known.