PDA

View Full Version : Hi. Thanks for the welcome

BarryM
20-10-2013, 1:57pm
I am an oldie who has just got into this hobby of photography. I recently bought myself a Nikon D5200 with Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di 11 VC PZD lens (what ever that means) which takes a great photo. At this time I have not got past setting the camera on auto to take my photos. Hopefully over a period of time and study I will progress onto the manual and other settings. I have joined a camera club at a local club which I find very interesting, I have been on a couple of day trips and taken a load of photos. As i have said I am a learning and hopefully through this forum I will expand my knowledge of photography. At this stage I lean towards landscape scenes.

:camera::nlogo: :tog:

ricktas
20-10-2013, 2:00pm
Welcome aboard Barry. Best way to learn is to dive in and participate. See you, and your photos, on the forums soon

BarryM
20-10-2013, 2:22pm
Thanks and will do.

Mary Anne
20-10-2013, 4:06pm
Hello Barry :action66: and Welcome to AP.. This is a great forum for learning.
You could start by reading lots of the articles on this link New to Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)
If you need to know anything else click on that Library Button up the top and check out How Do I.
And as Rick wrote above start posting your images on the Forum for cc, as that's another great way to learn :2smile:

Wayne63
21-10-2013, 5:31am
Welcome to AP Barry, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Kym
21-10-2013, 8:16am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

bigmick
21-10-2013, 7:01pm
welcome to AP....enjoy your stay

Mark L
22-10-2013, 9:06pm
G'day Barry, you've found a good place to share and learn.
Don't be afraid to ask questions as yo go.
Was going to mention the link Mary Anne provided, so instead I'll mention that I was born just down the road from you in Liverpool Hospital (it was a bit smaller then). Spend my first 40 years in Ingleburn and said goodbye to that rat-race just over a decade ago. the only thing I miss is the upper reaches of the Georges River.
So there you go.:)

BarryM
23-10-2013, 9:03am
Hi Mark L. I have been here just south of Liverpool for 50 yrs now. I have always for the past 10 yrs wanted to get out but work would not allow that to happen, now we are stuck. The good thing about it is the hospital medical practices etc. To go anywhere else you have to make sure those facilities are available. Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I am gradually getting though the introduction book and when I get to the posting photos bit I will give it a go.
Thanks again for the contact
:lol2: