PDA

View Full Version : Newbie just walked in.

SharonC
14-10-2013, 9:38pm
Hi Everyone

Yes another newbie here, and looking forward to learning all about photography.

At present I have the basics in equipment. Nikons D50 & D80 and two standard lenses.

I've tried to learn over the years but it just doesn't click for me (due to dyslexia and a mild stroke) and have been using the rule....if in doubt use auto.;)

I'm now at a stage I want to know more and create magic.

Really don't have a preferred subject (as yet), I see so much in all around me, I love to capture the little surprizes.

So please be patient with me, I really am willing to listen although it may take a few times for it to click with me. As the saying goes: Patience is Golden. :action66:

I think that's enough about me now. Looking forward to a new adventure.

SharonC

Mary Anne
14-10-2013, 10:04pm
Hello Sharon :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Have a look on this link > New To Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book) plenty of things to read about.
And when you can post some photos on the Forums for cc thats also a great way to learn..
Just take your time and when you need Help ask on the Forums..

ricktas
14-10-2013, 10:09pm
Welcome Sharon, as Mary Anne says, check out our new to photography resources and join in on the forums. Ask any questions you have, the only silly question is the one you don't ask

See you on the forums

SharonC
15-10-2013, 8:30am
Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Shall check out the link, thanks Mary Anne. :)

Questions, I'm full of them. :D

Wayne63
15-10-2013, 9:35am
Welcome to AP Sharon, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums

Tikira
15-10-2013, 10:31am
Hi Sharon and welcome to AP.
If you have questions you will find lots of people here with answers :D

As others have said, check out the New to photography, do the exercises and post your results, your own self critique and your questions- it is a great way to learn. Then check out members photo's and decide what you like or not about them, this will help with your own photography, and don't be afraid to join in and add your opinion, photography is full of differing opinions and styles and preferences, so there is no "right or wrong" answers.

Enjoy yourself, most of all, photography is about fun!

Di

Kym
15-10-2013, 12:50pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mark L
15-10-2013, 10:18pm
G'day also Sharon.
Takes a little time to find your way around AP, but it's worth it.
Don't be afraid to get involved. Plenty of helpful people here.
Hope we become part of your adventure.:th3: